I’m sitting on the couch after eating second dinner (God bless leftovers) and feeling very fortunate for family, strong faith and nourishing food. Compared to last year’s Easter, this one was much more my style.
A few Easter weekend highlights, in chronological order:
2. Decorating eggs with my sister and mom. Mine are the two rows closest to the camera.
3. “My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2.” The first was better, but this was still a feel-good movie.
4. Sunrise service. It’s outside by the water (very untraditional) and everyone brings blankets to sit on the lawn. Even my dog gets to come!
5. Post-sunrise service nap, because a 5:45 a.m. wakeup call on a Sunday requires it.
6. Easter baskets with a “natural, chemical-free” theme (minus the chocolate). My Easter bunny rocks.
7. Someone came home for the weekend! That someone is my sister, by the way. She would like you to know that both pairs of shoes are hers because I pretty much only own sneakers and flip-flops.
8. How cute are these centerpieces? My sister made them but I did buy the materials.
9. Dinner round 1. I like orange food, apparently. I take credit for the sweet potatoes and chopping the vegetables.
10. Ended the night with more March Madness, Jeopardy and puppy cuddles. Get like me.
Have a great Monday!