Hello! I’m so happy to be here. I’m so thankful for your kind words on my last post. I’m so tired.
My new schedule will take some getting used to, which is to be expected. So far my energy is great from 5:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m., but then I’m like “time to check out of life.” It’s funny/weird to go from being so active on social media 24/7 to barely opening the apps. That balance is an art and will take time to perfect…or not perfect, because that’s impossible.
This week is the best week to Think Out Loud. I hope to write a more thorough post about life/job/current status this weekend, but until then…
1. First, the new emojis. Update right now if you haven’t. Here are my favorites, with my reasoning below:
-IDK girl because IDK in real life
-Fingers crossed, because the emoji I thought was “praying” is actually a “high five.” I needed one to wish someone good luck (besides the clover, which I do use often)
-Avocado, for obvious reasons
-The rainbow isn’t new, but this is a bolder version and I appreciate it.
-The eagle, for my Eagles
-The girl behind the screen, because that’s what I do all day now
2. Every year as a family we drive around town looking at Christmas lights. From the outside, this looks like a slightly annoying house. But from the inside of your car, it’s a Trans-Siberian masterpiece. The family has their own radio station and coordinates the flashing of lights to the beat of Christmas music. Bonus points for creativity. Double bonus points because I have no idea how they did it.
3. The dogs saw Santa. They were perfect, Santa was underwhelming.
4. I think this is a better version of the Naughty or Nice list.
5. This happens every year, but I keep forgetting that my birthday is at the end of the month (the 30th). And, per usual, I wish it was in March, April or any week that is not in-between Christmas and New Year’s. #TeamHalfBirthdays
6. One thing I noticed immediately about work (that’s not work-related): I took eating lunch at home for granted. Not that packing a lunch is bad or difficult, it’s just a luxury to sit at a table and eat a meal out of a bowl vs. Tupperware.
7. This was probably not worthy of a blog post but I’m typing in bed and just felt like chatting.
8. I feel very out of the loop with everything in the world (except for what I get from E! News, ESPN and USA Today alerts) so tell me what’s going on in your life. Or the world. I do know about the Flip or Flop couple and Kanye visiting Trump. So, the very important things.
To my friends up north, stay warm this weekend. Better yet, plan a trip to visit me.