Happy best day of the week! Following in suit with the rest of the blog world, for today’s 5 Things Friday I’m sharing the top 5 health and fitness gifts on my Christmas wish list. Hopefully Santa is reading.
1. Fitbit. I’ve wanted one of these for a while for a very non-health and fitness reason: Tory Burch makes Fitbit bracelets. I love everything from Tory Burch so in order to get the bracelet, I need to get the Fitbit. In all seriousness, I’m really interested to see how many steps I take during a day and what my sleep pattern is like.
2. A kettlebell. Over the summer kettlebells became my favorite piece of equipment in the weight room. I loved it’s versatility and found many effective workout routines using just one kettlebell, as opposed to two dumbbells. None of my gyms in Miami (campus or apartment) has kettlebells but I have enough space in my apartment that I can use one for a home workout.
3. Athleta’s “Hidden Agenda” tank. As someone who wears workout clothes to class (out of pure comfort and laziness), this top looks like an actual top. AKA it will look like I tried to get ready for class.
4. Sweaty Bands. I wear headbands almost every day because headbands = easiest hairstyle ever. I mainly have plain black headbands so I’m looking to switch it up and add some sparkle to my
5. Runner’s World Magazine subscription. I am a self-proclaimed magazine
hoarder junkie. Actually, it’s my dream job to work for a running magazine, so I think that can excuse my behavior. This is one of my favorite magazines because it’s not about “getting skinny” or “losing the last 5 lbs.” It’s about priming your body and mind to be the best runner you can be. Tons of tips, recipes, race reviews and inspirational stories to motivate you during training and the off-season. Plus it’s like a getting a gift every month in the mail!
What’s on your wish list this year?
Do you workout in your home/apartment? What equipment do you use?