Wahoo, Friday! Any fun weekend plans? Mine include somehow mentally and physically powering through the Princess Half Marathon. I’m the least prepared I’ve ever been for a race so this should be interesting.
Changing gears…For Valentine’s Day a family friend gave me an iTunes gift card so I put it right to use and made a playlist for my spin class. I themed this as a “pyramid ride.” For the first half of class we were building up to the top of our hill, and the second half we were coming down, following the same type of choreography on each sides of the pyramid (I’ll explain below). We ended with a special “finisher,” sprints on a hill.
2. 30 second sprint – 30 second recovery (6/10 on a hill)
3. Runs in 2
4. Jumps (starting at 4 counts seated, 4 counts standing; then picking it up to 2×2)
5. Moderate hill with hovers (7-8/10)
6. Heavy hill in 3 (9/10)
7. Continue heavy hill in 3; This is the PEAK of your hill; when there is about 2 minutes left of the song, take one turn off resistance)
8. Moderate hill with pickups in 3 (7-8/10)
9. Jumps (same cues as earlier)
10. Runs in 2
12. Sprints on a hill during the chorus (8/10)
“Closer to the Edge” is such an awesome workout song. I remember it being a killer squat track in Body Pump, too!
Lastly, a few favorite posts and recipes lately:
Jeans and Genes – On How I Learned To Love My Body– Davida (The Healthy Maven)
Becoming Lost (and Found)– Sam (Better With Sprinkles)
Rosemary Coconut Stove Top Sweet Potatoes– Catherine (Rabbit Food For My Bunny Teeth)
Sticky Baked Chicken with Apricot, Sage and Lemon Zest– Gina (Skinny Taste)
(*Mom we are making these recipes over break!)
Have a wonderful weekend!
**P.S. The winner was chosen for my KIND Snacks giveaway…check your emails!
What was the best post you’ve read lately?
All-time favorite workout song?