1. By now I’m sure you’ve heard the song “Closer” a million and one times. Well, it wasn’t until I was actually IN Boulder that I realized the song says “roommate back in Boulder.” Which makes me wonder what the heck I was saying before (I’m kind of awful with song lyrics). We dubbed it the song of the trip…Sirius XM likes to play it every 5 minutes.
2. I’m a sucker for a good health trend. Green juices, kombucha, acai bowls, etc. I typically want to try everything at least once before judging. One thing I won’t try yet? This facial.
I sent this photo to my sister and tried to convince her that I did it. It’s along the lines of something I would actually do so she was genuinely concerned. They mix the breast milk with clay and apparently it’s an effective exfoliator and skin-smoother. Mud Facial Bar has locations in Chicago and Boulder. Thoughts??
3. On a more serious note, I was very concerned about my foot going into the trip. Even though I wore my new custom orthotics and my doctor gave me the all-clear, I have a tendency (in life) to over-analyze things. I don’t think it’s bad to be very aware of your body, especially when something doesn’t feel right, but I’ve become hyper-aware. Meaning, any pain is a stress fracture in my mind. (I’m working on that). Surprisingly, my foot felt pretty good! Other parts of my body are still off from over-compensating (I think) so I’m addressing those now. We obviously didn’t go crazy with hiking or walking but it felt good to move a bit.
4. I was also concerned about the altitude in Colorado. We went on a family trip to the Beaver Creek/Vail area a few years ago and I didn’t have a problem then, but hyper-aware me was still worried. Whatdoyaknow…I was fine. We did drink tons of water and didn’t do intense cardio, so that might have helped.
5. Other than the activities I mentioned on Tuesday, we spent one day actually in Denver exploring. Truthfully, we did most of our exploring in one specific place: The Cherry Creek Mall. In our defense, it was a rainy day so shopping fit the bill. We rode bikes in the morning along the river, ended at the mall and Ubered back later. We loved the Cherry Creek area…outdoor shopping, a nice indoor mall and a huge Whole Foods.
6. Speaking of Whole Foods…I went to four different locations during the trip. FOUR. I have an unhealthy obsession. If you’re curious, the best one was on Pearl Street in Boulder. Cherry Creek was the runner-up.
I know all Whole Foods have a “grind your own nut butter” station, but I’ve NEVER seen them offer this many options.
7. How pretty is this flight of juice shots? My mom sent this picture to her wine-loving friends and said “this is what Emily makes me drink!” My favorite was the red (beet, apple, ginger, lime) and orange (carrot, pineapple, cucumber, lemon, basil).
8. And with one last picture of the mountains, I think I’ve covered it all.
Join the conversation:
Breast milk facial….thoughts?!
Do you tend to overthink situations or go with the flow?