It’s been one of those weeks. My very Monday like Monday extended to a Monday like Tuesday and Wednesday. I’ll survive, mainly because my weekend starts this afternoon. It’s been a while since I did a random Thinking Out Loud. Just what the doctor ordered for today.
1. Yesterday was my dad’s birthday! He is “fifty wonderful” (51) and doesn’t look a day over 40. It was also his first birthday in 20 years without having a child at home. Because FaceTime is lame and you can’t talk to more than one person at a time, we used Oovoo for cake and presents. Not bad but I’m waiting for an Apple update. Soon please.
2. Exactly three months from today I graduate. Still doesn’t feel real but I’m excited. Funny, the only thing we had to do to apply for graduation is submit our height and weight. How that is going to determine our cap and gown size is beyond me. I should have added that I have big head, literally speaking (ok, and some days figuratively).
3. Exactly ONE WEEK from today #TGIT returns. I’ve been in Shondaland withdrawal.
4. I saw this in a magazine the other day and simultaneously rolled my eyes and laughed. I get what they were saying but the way it’s worded made it seem like they were giving permission. I ALREADY EAT A FULL AVOCADO ANYWAY.
5. I’m trying out the D28 For Life Home Fitness Program as part of a Fitfluential campaign. To be honest, I didn’t really know what I was signing up for and a lot of the program isn’t applicable to me or my lifestyle (I’m not looking to go on a diet or take supplements). I am excited to do the strength training part of the program and will be adding that into my regular routine. So I won’t be the best example of the overall program effectiveness but I’m going to give it an honest review upon completion.
6. I’ve been living by this quote lately. It has been written on the board at my yoga studio for a few weeks now.
That’s all I’ve got for ya today. Slow week over here but getting through.