Well, it’s officially move-out/move-in day. To say I’m dreading the 4.5 hour drive alone is an understatement. I know it’s really not that long but I make, no lie, 3 turns the entire ride. I do have some ideas to keep me busy (*while focusing on the road, of course).
First, there are tons of things running through my mind, perfect day for Thinking Out Loud. Thanks, Amanda!
1. Idea #1 for keeping me busy: Ellen DeGeneres’ book Seriously…I’m Kidding. Amazon has a free audiobook download and I loaded it onto my phone for some entertainment. I have to give credit to my mom for this idea. Will let you know how it is!
3. One thing I’m NOT looking forward to about Miami: the return of awful traffic and drivers. Miami drivers don’t use blinkers so I’m convinced something must be wrong with their cars…Oh and traffic here does not happen only at rush hour. It seems like every time I hit the major roads (which is often), there is bumper-to-bumper traffic. It requires a lot of deep breathing!
4. My mom knows how much I love her cooking and how busy I would be at the start of school so she made me dinners for a few nights! A few days ago she cooked a bunch of chicken and stuck it in the freezer. So all I have to do is put it in my freezer in Miami and reheat as needed. Don’t know why we haven’t done this before.
5. Thanksgiving in August? The last dinner at home.
6. Of all the things I have on my mind about going back to school, actual school is not one of them. I haven’t ordered my books, looked at my syllabi, gotten supplies, etc. Wish I could blame it on senioritis, but I’m not quite there yet.
7. I have new roommates this year and I’m nervous/excited to see what apartment-life will be with them. Last year wasn’t the most comfortable living situation so I’m hopeful for a big improvement.
8. I’m really looking forward to Sunday because Thursday-Saturday are jam-packed. KIND events, an all-day orientation for my other on-campus job, unpacking and club meetings. I guess being busy is better than the alternative. It’s less time to feel homesick.
9. Room decor courtesy of one of my best friends.
10. Saying goodbye to this guy is the hardest thing. Good thing I’ll see you in just 3 weeks.
Talk to you from the 305!
Any other audiobook or podcast recommendations?