Linking up to Amanda for Thinking Out Loud Thursday
The cute Lululemon outfits have you fooled…running is the least glamorous sport out there. Of course, if you’ve ever run you probably know what I mean. My list isn’t anything groundbreaking but it’s always fun to laugh at ourselves, right? Or maybe just laugh at me if you guys don’t do any of these things…
A somewhat of a follow-up to “You Know You’re a Runner When.”
1. T-shirt = tissue. No shame.
2. Toenails fall off, blisters form, and you can’t wear flip-flops without getting comments.
3. Runner’s trots. It’s a real thing. Even when you think you’ve nailed a foolproof plan, it catches you off guard.
4. Porta potties. No choice, buck up and use them.
5. Sock tan-lines are common, as are Road I.D. tan-lines if you’re like me…
6. Hair is either a rat’s nest, wet or in a ponytail. Straightening hair is overrated.
7. 90% of races start before the crack of dawn so runners have to forfeit their beauty sleep. The early bird gets the
8. Compression socks, while VERY useful, are not always the most attractive. Especially when you wear them with flip-flops (guilty).
9. Runner’s make weird noises (grunting, heavy breathing, farting, spitting).
10. Runners are pigs. Hear me out…1) we sweat like pigs during and after running, 2) we look like pigs with our crazy red faces post-run, 3) there’s a chance we’ll have dirt on us and/or our expensive sneakers and, most importantly, 4) we eat like a pigs after a long run. Or a regular run. Or even if we don’t run.
Have I turned you off from running yet?