Happy day after Christmas! Although, it’s not always a happy day, am I right? Well, my birthday is in four days so it’s not quite a letdown for me :) I bet you have delicious leftovers and gifts to admire (or wear/use) to help savor some of the good feelings. I’ll be back on Monday with a Christmas recap, but for now, I’m finally filling out a fun survey I was tagged in last month by Michele!
Get ready for some random facts that I’m sure you were dying to know about me.
1. What is your current health related goal?
Increase flexibility and strength. As in, move up from those 10 lb dumbbells to something more challenging for me. I’ve gotten way too comfortable in the weight room and I know it’s not doing much for me anymore. That, and I want to continue doing what feels good exercise-wise. Not following a plan or having a strict goal is working well for now.
2. What is your biggest irrational fear?
That there is someone hiding behind the shower curtain waiting to scare me. I always leave my shower curtain 2/3 open when I’m not using it so I can have a clear view of the inside. You know, to make sure a killer (or I guess my roommate) isn’t going pop out.
3. Do you enjoy wrapping presents?
Sometimes. I still view it as a chore that “has to get done,” but I don’t hate it when I finally start.
4. What’s your favorite cross training activity?
YOGA. I wouldn’t have said that a year ago. Followed by Spin.
5. If I came to visit you, what would we do?
I’d request that you’d visit me when I’m home in Tampa (even though Miami is “Miami”) because I’m happier here. We would go running or walking on Bayshore, get a pedicure at a cute day spa, eat lunch in Hyde Park, lay by the pool and have a delicious seafood dinner. I want to do all of that now so come visit, please.
6. You have 2 weeks off of work and 2 round trip plane tickets. Where would you go and who would you take?
This would be contingent on getting show tickets, but I would take my sister to L.A. for a taping of the Ellen Show. Preferably during the 12 Days of Giveaways. If I had to pick an international location, I would say a tropical place like Fiji or Tahiti (I just randomly picked those places). Again, with my sister.
7. What’s the most embarrassing thing that has ever happened to you during a run or race?
Oh, where do I start? Well having to go to the bathroom mid-run happens on the regular (gross but true). I’ve had to use a port-a-potty that ran out of toilet paper because I was desperate. Ah, the joys of being a runner.
8. Tell me the best 3 days of your life. Or at least the first 3 that pop into your mind.
First 3 that came to mind, in no particular order:
1. My first marathon
2. Going to Atlantis in the Bahamas with my friends. Those water slides are SO much fun!
3. Getting my dog. I didn’t think it was the best day at the time, but looking back, it definitely requires a top spot on my list.
9. Okay, you have to eat a fast food meal. What restaurant would you choose and what would you order.
Chipolte. I’d get a bowl with lettuce, rice, chicken and guacamole.
10. Have you ever met a celebrity?
Yes! I’ve met a few. The coolest one was in the summer of 2012 when my friends and I not only met Tim McGraw, but got free tickets to his concert and passes to a private pre-show party! We just asked for a picture with him and 10 minutes later his assistant came over to our table and gave us the tickets. It was when Tim McGraw and Kenny Chesney went on tour together so it was an extra good show (if you like country music like me!).
11. Share a picture of yourself in non workout clothes.
Very rare occurrence. This is from an event in October.
12. If you could choose to have a ‘do-over’ and switch careers, what would you do and why?
Considering that I still don’t know what I want to do with my life, I don’t know if I’m qualified to answer this. I guess I’ll list some completely different career options from my current path: CIA agent, sports nutritionist or a teacher.
13. If you won the Olympic Gold medal how do you think you would react?
There would be tears (especially during the National Anthem), smiles, and lots of celebrating afterward.
14. What do you want for
Christmas your birthday?
Considering Christmas has passed and my birthday is next week, I would like a massage/spa day and a nice home cooked meal.
15. What skill do you lack?
I can’t blow a bubble, whistle or do a pull-up. Hopefully I can fix that last one by working on question #1 :)
Please join in on the fun and answer some of these random questions!