I declare another round of “behind the Instagram.” Ready set go….
See previous “Behind the Instagram” posts: 1, 2, 3, 4
Behind the Instagram #5
1. This picture. Don’t ask me why it got over 4,000 likes (the most ever for me) but it was seriously the simplest lunch that I took a picture of on a whim. All my staged photos have gotten nothing in comparison. Makes no sense.
Basically eating all the contents of my fridge (and some from my pantry) for lunch. What’s new? #lunch #eattherainbow
2. On the other hand, this is the epitome of a staged photo. I bought the juice from one of my favorite shops in town and had some time to kill before I had to be somewhere, so I walked across the street (less than a quarter of a mile) to Bayshore to take this photo. To make it even better, an older woman walked by and asked if I needed help taking the photo. Um no, but I’m going to leave now. #fortheinsta
Daily servings of fruit fulfilled with this new-to-me juice combo. Strawberry, pineapple, orange, apple, beet and mint 👌🏼#BGBInstaChallenge
A photo posted by Emily (@myhealthyishlife) on
3. I was so excited to eat this lunch outside because the weather was literally perfect. The bugs, however, not quite as perfect. I had to move inside half way through lunch because I was getting eaten alive.
Seriously feels like summer today so I’m celebrating with a bright lunch outside 😎 To say I love Florida is an understatement. #lunch #eatpretty #eattherainbow
4. I walked outside to take this photo in the grass and, of course, my dog followed me and went to the bathroom right as I was taking the photo. He’s cropped out for obvious reasons.
Post-workout routine: Shoes off, smoothie on 👊🏼 Mixed half of a @juicerajuice with banana, ice and spoonful of @essentiallycoconut. That color (from beets!) is insane. #smoothiebowl #healthyish #smoothiebowl #eatpretty
A photo posted by Emily (@myhealthyishlife) on
5. Lastly, I had to include this one of a turkey burger I had for dinner a while ago because the back story is comical. I held up dinner for a few minutes to take a picture (obvi) and my dad was confused as to why ANYONE would care about my turkey burger dinner. Whenever I checked Instagram and gave him the “like” count, he said “what?! HOW many people like that picture? I don’t get it!” Don’t worry dad, I don’t get it either. Oddly enough, I don’t even think it was most aesthetic photo.
Homemade turkey burgers with Dijon and guacamole + grilled veggies and potatoes + eating outside = 😎😋🙌🏼😍🌴💕
Whatever works, Instagram. Whatever works.
Click To Tweet
Susie @ SuzLyfe says
TEACH ME YOUR WAYS.
But then again, I basically do whatever works for me, whenever it works. Thus my following. Also, even when I think I’m going to #nailed it, I never do!
Susie @ SuzLyfe recently posted…The 80 20 Diet for Runners (80 Fresh Review + Giveaway)
Margaret @ youngandrungry says
HAHA to number 2! Seriously doesn’t she know about us millennials? The presence of our hands is half the picture! I love these posts as always!
Margaret @ youngandrungry recently posted…Guest Post: Beauty and Health
rachel @ athleticavocado says
Woah congrats on that pic getting 4000 likes!! My Dad always asks why I take pics of food all the time haha, he’s like “why don’t you just eat it and stop playing with it” lol!
rachel @ athleticavocado recently posted…Healthy Peanut Butter and Jelly Pancake in a Mug
I love these posts so much and yet each time I see one I think: good Lord I am bringing my Instagram is always the behind there’s never a lovely… front or façade.
Carla recently posted…Are you sound or silence?
Gretchen | Gretchruns says
Social media is weird. You can never guess what people will respond to or like..sometimes it’s just a good time of day and sometimes people just happen upon your picture and like it. That’s why I try to not stress about likes or pretty much anything social media related! (p.s. 4k?! That’s huge!)
Gretchen | Gretchruns recently posted…Wednesday Reviews : Bullet Journal
Jenn - a traveling Wife says
Ha – love this. The time of day and hashtags really make a difference, don’t they. It boggles my mind that some random photos that were just uploaded willy-nilly do the best. :)
Jenn – a traveling Wife recently posted…How To Correctly Use Social Media Branding
Brie @ Lean, Clean, & Brie says
I loooove eating outside. I wish I had a balcony or a porch outside of my apartment because when I lived at home during the summers I would always eat my breakfast on our porch and it was always the best start to my day. When I work during the summer, I head out to a bench outside of where I work and always eat lunch by a beautiful water fountain — which is always so nice to re-energize me before getting back to work.
And I am loving your feed so much lately! Always fun to see the “behind the scenes” look on these posts.
Brie @ Lean, Clean, & Brie recently posted…Paleo Blueberry Pancakes
Kaitlin @ CA Endless Summer says
Man on man those numbers are crazy!! My parents and friends have learned to wait for the photo :)
Alyssa @ Renaissancerunnergirl says
My most “liked” photos have nowhere near your counts, but it’s all relative, and in that sense it’s the same way for me. My most popular photos are (1) of a random breakfast on a boring placemat and (2) of my dog sitting between my boyfriend’s legs. However, when I stage the food perfectly, or actually get my dog to smile cute at the camera, it’s just another regular day on Insta!
Alyssa @ Renaissancerunnergirl recently posted…WIAW #53: Spring Beach Weekend Eats
ACKTIVE LIFE says
Holy guacamole!!! 4K likes…that’s awesome woman! I do like to eat outside A LOT, if the mosquitoes aren’t eating me alive…It’s still pretty chilly up here on the island, so I have to wait a few months…Love that turkey burger…DELISH!
ACKTIVE LIFE recently posted…Beef Tagine With Roasted Cauliflower
I LOVE eating outside and will eat outside in almost any weather as long as its not raining. My boyfriend, on the other hand, is incredibly picky about the conditions he will eat outside in. His one flaw, I guess!
Sarah @pickyrunner says
You are KILLING the instagram game lately! I don’t think I’ve ever gotten over 200 hahaha people just really love food pictures :)
Sarah @pickyrunner recently posted…Busy Is Not What You Are
Amanda @ ExploringLifeAndThings says
Hahaha I love the last story about your dad! Ahh I love eating outside! That’s the one thing I wish my apartment complex had- a deck or balcony off each room. Like is that too much for ask for? Sometimes I just wanna read a book outside ya know?!
Amanda @ ExploringLifeAndThings recently posted…A new (to me) approach to running
Love these posts! Also…4,000 likes?!?! Damn girl #instafamous though I’m not surprised because I always think your food photos are so pretty and make me hungry.
Hayley recently posted…Nashville // Part 2