Best Easy Aeropress Fellow Prismo Recipe
The Aeropress is a popular brewing method among coffee enthusiasts due to its versatility and ability to produce a smooth and flavorful cup of coffee. When paired with the Fellow Prismo attachment, the Aeropress takes your coffee brewing experience to a whole new level. Here, we will share the best and easiest Aeropress Fellow Prismo recipe for you to enjoy at home.
– 16g of freshly ground coffee
– 220g of hot water (around 195°F)
– Fellow Prismo attachment
1. Start by preheating your Aeropress and Prismo attachment with hot water. This helps maintain the temperature throughout the brewing process.
2. Grind your coffee beans to a medium-fine consistency, similar to table salt.
3. Place the Prismo attachment onto the Aeropress, ensuring a tight seal.
4. Add the ground coffee to the Aeropress chamber, then pour the hot water over it.
5. Stir the mixture gently for 10 seconds, ensuring all the coffee is evenly saturated.
6. Attach the filter cap with a paper filter on top of the Prismo.
7. Let the coffee steep for 1 minute.
8. After 1 minute, press the plunger down slowly until you hear a hissing sound, indicating that the brewing process is complete.
9. Remove the Aeropress from your cup and discard the used coffee grounds and filter.
10. Enjoy your perfectly brewed cup of coffee!
1. What is the Fellow Prismo attachment?
The Fellow Prismo is an attachment that replaces the traditional paper filter in the Aeropress, allowing for a more immersive brewing experience.
2. Can I use a metal filter with the Fellow Prismo?
Yes, you can use a metal filter with the Fellow Prismo to achieve a different flavor profile.
3. How should I store the Fellow Prismo?
After use, clean the Prismo and store it in a dry place to prevent any mold or bacteria growth.
4. Can I adjust the coffee-to-water ratio?
Yes, you can adjust the ratio to your preference. However, a 1:14 ratio (coffee to water) is recommended for a balanced cup of coffee.
5. Can I use pre-ground coffee instead of grinding my own?
Yes, you can use pre-ground coffee, but grinding your own coffee beans just before brewing will result in a fresher and more flavorful cup.
6. Can I use boiling water?
It is recommended to use water around 195°F to avoid scorching the coffee grounds.
7. How long does the Fellow Prismo last?
With proper care and maintenance, the Fellow Prismo can last for several years.
8. Can I use the Fellow Prismo with other brewing methods?
The Fellow Prismo is designed specifically for the Aeropress, but it may work with other brewing methods with some modifications.
9. Can I make iced coffee with the Fellow Prismo?
Yes, simply brew the coffee using the same recipe and pour it over ice.
10. How do I clean the Fellow Prismo?
The Prismo can be easily cleaned by rinsing it with warm water and mild soap.
11. Can I brew tea with the Fellow Prismo?
Yes, you can brew tea with the Fellow Prismo by following a similar process, but using tea leaves instead of coffee grounds.
In conclusion, the Aeropress with the Fellow Prismo attachment is a fantastic brewing combination for coffee lovers. By following this easy recipe and experimenting with different variables, you can enjoy a delicious cup of coffee every time.