Agua de calzon, also known as “panties water” in English, is a refreshing and easy-to-make Mexican beverage that is perfect for hot summer days or any time you’re in need of a thirst-quenching drink. This traditional drink is made with a combination of fruits, herbs, and spices, resulting in a unique and delicious flavor that is loved by many.
To make the best easy agua de calzon, you will need the following ingredients:
– 2 cups of watermelon chunks
– 1 cup of pineapple chunks
– 1 cup of diced cucumber
– 1 lime, juiced
– 2 tablespoons of sugar (adjust to taste)
– A handful of fresh mint leaves
– Ice cubes
1. In a blender, combine the watermelon, pineapple, cucumber, lime juice, sugar, and mint leaves.
2. Blend until smooth and well combined.
3. Taste the mixture and adjust the sweetness by adding more sugar if desired.
4. Pour the mixture into a pitcher and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to allow the flavors to meld together.
5. Serve the agua de calzon over ice cubes in individual glasses.
6. Garnish with a sprig of mint or a slice of lime, if desired.
7. Enjoy the refreshing and fruity flavors of this traditional Mexican drink!
FAQs about Agua de Calzon:
1. What is agua de calzon?
Agua de calzon is a traditional Mexican beverage made with a combination of fruits, herbs, and spices.
2. Why is it called “panties water”?
The name “agua de calzon” translates to “panties water” in English. It is believed to have been named this way because the drink is refreshing and has a cooling effect, similar to the feeling of wearing wet underwear.
3. Can I use different fruits in this recipe?
Yes, you can experiment with different fruits such as strawberries, mangoes, or oranges to create your own unique flavor combinations.
4. Is this drink alcoholic?
No, agua de calzon is a non-alcoholic beverage.
5. How long does it last in the refrigerator?
Agua de calzon can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 2-3 days.
6. Can I add alcohol to this drink?
Yes, if desired, you can add a splash of rum or tequila to make it a refreshing cocktail.
7. Can I make this drink ahead of time for a party?
Yes, you can make the agua de calzon a few hours before your party and keep it refrigerated until ready to serve.
8. Can I use artificial sweeteners instead of sugar?
Yes, you can use artificial sweeteners if you prefer a lower-calorie version.
9. Can I use dried mint leaves instead of fresh?
Fresh mint leaves are recommended for the best flavor, but if you don’t have them, you can use dried mint leaves instead.
10. Can I strain the drink to remove pulp?
Yes, if you prefer a smoother texture, you can strain the agua de calzon before serving.
11. Is this drink suitable for children?
Yes, this drink is suitable for all ages. However, you may want to adjust the sweetness to suit your child’s taste preferences.