Best Easy Almond Jelly With Lychee Recipe
Almond jelly with lychee is a delightful and refreshing dessert that is perfect for hot summer days or any time you crave something sweet. This recipe is incredibly easy to make and requires only a few ingredients, making it a great option for novice cooks or those looking for a quick and delicious treat.
– 1 packet of almond jelly powder (available at Asian grocery stores)
– 400ml of water
– 2 tablespoons of sugar
– 1 can of lychee, drained
1. In a saucepan, combine the almond jelly powder and water. Stir well to dissolve any lumps.
2. Add sugar to the mixture and place the saucepan over medium heat. Stir constantly until the mixture comes to a gentle boil.
3. Remove the saucepan from heat and let the mixture cool for a few minutes.
4. Pour the mixture into individual serving bowls or a large dish. Let it cool completely at room temperature before transferring to the refrigerator.
5. Once the almond jelly has set in the refrigerator (approximately 2-3 hours), remove it from the fridge and top with the drained lychee.
6. Serve chilled and enjoy!
1. Can I substitute almond jelly powder with gelatin?
Yes, you can use gelatin instead of almond jelly powder. Follow the instructions on the gelatin package for substitution ratios.
2. Can I use fresh lychee instead of canned?
Yes, you can use fresh lychee if it is available. Simply peel and pit the fresh lychee before adding them to the almond jelly.
3. Can I add other fruits to the almond jelly?
Absolutely! You can experiment with different fruits like mango, pineapple, or even strawberries.
4. Can I make almond jelly in advance?
Yes, you can prepare almond jelly a day in advance. Just make sure to store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
5. Can I use almond milk instead of water?
Yes, you can substitute water with almond milk for a richer flavor.
6. Can I make almond jelly vegan?
Yes, you can use agar-agar powder instead of almond jelly powder, and substitute sugar with a vegan sweetener.
7. Can I add toppings like nuts or coconut flakes?
Definitely! Feel free to add your favorite toppings to enhance the texture and flavor of the almond jelly.
8. How long does almond jelly last in the refrigerator?
Almond jelly can last up to 3-4 days when stored properly in the refrigerator.
9. Can I freeze almond jelly?
It is not recommended to freeze almond jelly as it can alter the texture and taste.
10. Can I serve almond jelly warm?
Almond jelly is best served chilled, but you can serve it slightly warm if desired.
11. Can I double the recipe?
Yes, you can easily double or triple the recipe to accommodate larger gatherings or to have leftovers.