Best Easy Baby Bella Mushroom Soup Recipe
If you’re a fan of savory and creamy soups, then this baby bella mushroom soup recipe is a must-try. Packed with earthy flavors and rich textures, this soup is not only delicious but also incredibly easy to make. Whether you’re a busy parent or simply looking for a quick and comforting meal, this recipe will surely satisfy your taste buds.
– 1 pound baby bella mushrooms, sliced
– 1 onion, diced
– 3 cloves garlic, minced
– 4 cups vegetable or chicken broth
– 1 cup heavy cream
– 2 tablespoons butter
– 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
– 1 teaspoon dried thyme
– Salt and pepper to taste
– Fresh parsley for garnish
1. In a large pot, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the onions and garlic and sauté until they become translucent and fragrant.
2. Add the sliced baby bella mushrooms and cook until they release their moisture and become tender.
3. Sprinkle the flour over the mushrooms and stir well to combine, allowing the flour to cook for a minute.
4. Slowly pour in the vegetable or chicken broth, stirring constantly to avoid lumps.
5. Add the dried thyme, salt, and pepper. Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat and let it simmer for about 15 minutes.
6. Stir in the heavy cream and continue to simmer for an additional 5 minutes.
7. Using an immersion blender or a regular blender, carefully puree the soup until smooth. Be sure to let the soup cool slightly before blending, to prevent any accidents.
8. Return the soup to the pot and reheat gently.
9. Ladle the soup into bowls and garnish with fresh parsley.
1. Can I use other types of mushrooms for this soup?
Yes, you can use any type of mushrooms you prefer, such as cremini or button mushrooms.
2. Can I make this soup ahead of time?
Absolutely! This soup can be made a day in advance and reheated when needed.
3. Can I freeze this soup?
Yes, you can freeze this soup for up to 3 months. Just make sure to cool it completely before freezing.
4. Can I substitute the heavy cream with a lighter alternative?
Yes, you can use half-and-half or milk instead of heavy cream for a lighter version of this soup.
5. Can I add other vegetables to this soup?
Certainly! You can add diced carrots, celery, or even spinach for added nutritional value.
6. Can I make this soup vegan?
Yes, simply swap the butter for olive oil and use a plant-based milk substitute instead of heavy cream.
7. Can I add meat to this soup?
If you’d like, you can add cooked chicken, bacon, or even sausage to make it heartier.
8. What can I serve with this soup?
This soup pairs well with a crusty bread or a side salad for a complete meal.
9. Can I use fresh thyme instead of dried?
Yes, you can use fresh thyme instead, but double the amount called for in the recipe.
10. Can I use an alternative thickener?
Yes, you can use cornstarch or arrowroot powder as a gluten-free alternative to flour.
11. Can I adjust the seasoning to my liking?
Absolutely! Feel free to adjust the salt, pepper, and thyme according to your taste preferences.