Best Easy Bahug Bahug Bread Recipe
If you are a fan of soft, fluffy, and slightly sweet bread, then you must try the Bahug Bahug bread recipe. Bahug Bahug bread is a popular Filipino bread known for its unique shape and delicious flavor. This recipe is easy to follow and requires basic ingredients that you may already have in your kitchen.
– 3 cups all-purpose flour
– 1/2 cup white sugar
– 1/2 teaspoon salt
– 2 1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
– 3/4 cup warm milk
– 1/4 cup melted butter
– 2 eggs
1. In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar, and salt. Mix well.
2. In a separate bowl, dissolve the yeast in warm milk. Let it sit for about 5 minutes until it becomes frothy.
3. Add the yeast mixture, melted butter, and eggs to the flour mixture. Mix until a soft dough forms.
4. Transfer the dough to a floured surface and knead for about 5-7 minutes or until the dough becomes smooth and elastic.
5. Place the dough in a greased bowl, cover it with a damp cloth, and let it rise in a warm place for about 1-2 hours or until it doubles in size.
6. Once the dough has risen, punch it down to release the air.
7. Divide the dough into equal portions and shape them into balls.
8. Arrange the dough balls on a greased baking sheet, leaving some space between each ball.
9. Cover the dough with a damp cloth and let it rise for another 30 minutes.
10. Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
11. Bake the bread for 15-20 minutes or until it turns golden brown.
12. Remove from the oven and let it cool on a wire rack before serving.
1. Can I use bread flour instead of all-purpose flour?
Yes, you can use bread flour for a chewier texture.
2. Can I use instant yeast instead of active dry yeast?
Yes, you can use instant yeast. Just follow the same measurements.
3. Can I use margarine instead of butter?
Yes, margarine can be used as a substitute for butter.
4. Can I add raisins or other fillings?
Yes, you can add raisins, cheese, or any other fillings of your choice.
5. Can I freeze the dough?
Yes, you can freeze the dough after the first rise. Just make sure to thaw it before shaping and baking.
6. Can I make smaller or larger bread rolls?
Yes, you can adjust the size of the bread rolls according to your preference.
7. How long does the dough need to rise?
The dough needs to rise for about 1-2 hours or until it doubles in size.
8. How long can I store the bread?
The bread can be stored for up to 3-4 days in an airtight container.
9. Can I use a bread machine to make this recipe?
Yes, you can use a bread machine to mix and knead the dough.
10. Can I glaze the bread?
Yes, you can brush the bread with melted butter or sugar glaze for a shiny finish.
11. Can I make this bread without eggs?
Yes, you can substitute eggs with 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce or mashed banana.