Best Easy Beef Neck Bones Pressure Cooker Recipe
Beef neck bones are a flavorful and tender cut of meat that can be transformed into a delicious meal with the help of a pressure cooker. The pressure cooker ensures that the meat is cooked to perfection, while also infusing it with rich flavors. Here is the best and easiest beef neck bones pressure cooker recipe that you can try at home:
– 2 pounds of beef neck bones
– 1 onion, chopped
– 3 cloves of garlic, minced
– 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
– 1 cup of beef broth
– 1 tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce
– 1 teaspoon of dried thyme
– Salt and pepper to taste
1. Season the beef neck bones with salt and pepper.
2. Heat the vegetable oil in the pressure cooker over medium-high heat.
3. Add the beef neck bones and brown them on all sides.
4. Remove the beef neck bones from the pressure cooker and set them aside.
5. Add the chopped onion and minced garlic to the pressure cooker and sauté until they are soft and fragrant.
6. Deglaze the pressure cooker with beef broth, scraping off any browned bits from the bottom.
7. Return the beef neck bones to the pressure cooker.
8. Add Worcestershire sauce and dried thyme.
9. Close the pressure cooker lid and cook on high pressure for 45 minutes.
10. Allow the pressure to release naturally for 10 minutes, then use the quick release method to release any remaining pressure.
11. Carefully remove the lid and transfer the beef neck bones to a serving plate.
12. Serve the beef neck bones with the cooking liquid as a flavorful sauce.
1. Can I use a different cut of beef for this recipe?
Yes, you can use other cuts of beef like short ribs or oxtail for a similar result.
2. How long does it take to cook beef neck bones in a pressure cooker?
It takes approximately 45 minutes to cook beef neck bones in a pressure cooker.
3. Can I use chicken broth instead of beef broth?
Yes, you can substitute chicken broth for beef broth if desired.
4. Can I add vegetables to this recipe?
Yes, you can add vegetables like carrots, potatoes, or celery to the pressure cooker for added flavor.
5. Can I freeze the leftovers?
Yes, you can freeze the leftover beef neck bones and use them for future meals.
6. Can I use a stovetop pressure cooker instead?
Yes, you can use a stovetop pressure cooker for this recipe, but cooking times may vary.
7. Can I cook this recipe without browning the meat first?
Browning the meat adds flavor, but you can skip this step if desired.
8. Can I use a different seasoning?
Feel free to experiment with different herbs and spices to suit your taste.
9. Can I make this recipe in an Instant Pot?
Yes, you can use an Instant Pot or any other electric pressure cooker for this recipe.
10. Can I use boneless beef neck instead of bone-in?
Yes, boneless beef neck can be used, but the cooking time may need adjustment.
11. Can I add a thickener to the cooking liquid?
Yes, you can add a slurry of cornstarch and water to thicken the sauce if desired.