Best Easy Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe: Bon Appétit!
If you’re craving a soft, chewy, and gooey chocolate chip cookie, look no further! We have the perfect recipe that will satisfy your sweet tooth and leave you wanting more. This easy-to-follow recipe from Bon Appétit will guide you through the process of making the most delicious chocolate chip cookies you’ve ever tasted.
– 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
– 1 cup granulated sugar
– 1 cup packed light brown sugar
– 2 large eggs
– 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
– 3 cups all-purpose flour
– 1 teaspoon baking soda
– ½ teaspoon salt
– 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, cream together the butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
3. Beat in the eggs one at a time, followed by the vanilla extract.
4. In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, mixing until just combined.
5. Fold in the chocolate chips, ensuring they are evenly distributed throughout the dough.
6. Using a cookie scoop or tablespoon, drop rounded portions of dough onto the prepared baking sheet, leaving space between each cookie.
7. Bake for 9-11 minutes, or until the edges are golden brown.
8. Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions):
1. Can I use salted butter instead of unsalted?
Yes, you can. Just reduce the added salt by half to maintain the right balance.
2. Can I substitute the all-purpose flour with whole wheat flour?
Yes, you can, but the texture and taste may differ slightly.
3. Can I use dark chocolate chips instead of semisweet?
Absolutely! Dark chocolate will add a richer flavor to the cookies.
4. Can I freeze the cookie dough?
Yes, you can. Scoop the dough onto a baking sheet and freeze until firm. Then transfer them to a freezer bag for up to 3 months.
5. How can I make the cookies crispier?
Bake them for a few minutes longer, until they turn golden brown.
6. Can I add nuts to the recipe?
Of course! Chopped walnuts or pecans would make a great addition.
7. Can I use margarine instead of butter?
Butter is recommended for the best flavor and texture, but margarine can be used as a substitute.
8. How do I store the cookies?
Store them in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days.
9. Can I use a gluten-free flour blend?
Yes, you can, but the texture may vary.
10. Can I use a hand mixer instead of a stand mixer?
Yes, a hand mixer will work just fine.
11. Can I double the recipe?
Absolutely! Just make sure you have a large enough mixing bowl. Enjoy!