Best Easy Big Green Egg Tri Tip Recipe
The Big Green Egg is a versatile cooking tool that can create delicious and flavorful dishes. One such recipe is the Big Green Egg Tri Tip, a mouthwatering cut of beef that can be easily prepared on this grill. Here is a simple yet delicious recipe that will impress your family and friends.
– 2-3 pounds of Tri Tip beef
– 2 tablespoons of olive oil
– 2 tablespoons of kosher salt
– 2 tablespoons of freshly ground black pepper
– 2 tablespoons of garlic powder
– 2 tablespoons of onion powder
– 2 tablespoons of paprika
– 1 tablespoon of dried thyme
– 1 tablespoon of dried oregano
1. Preheat your Big Green Egg to 225°F using the indirect cooking method.
2. In a small bowl, mix together the kosher salt, black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, dried thyme, and dried oregano to create a rub.
3. Rub the olive oil all over the Tri Tip beef, ensuring it is evenly coated.
4. Generously sprinkle the rub mixture over the entire surface of the beef, gently pressing it into the meat.
5. Once the Big Green Egg has reached the desired temperature, place the Tri Tip directly on the grill grates.
6. Close the lid and let the meat cook for approximately 1-1.5 hours or until it reaches an internal temperature of 135°F for medium-rare.
7. Remove the Tri Tip from the grill and let it rest for 10-15 minutes before slicing.
8. Slice the beef against the grain into thin strips and serve immediately.
1. Can I use a different cut of beef for this recipe?
While Tri Tip is recommended for this recipe, you can use other cuts like sirloin or flank steak.
2. Can I marinate the beef before cooking?
Yes, marinating the beef can add additional flavor. Just be sure to pat it dry before applying the rub.
3. Can I cook the Tri Tip at a higher temperature?
Cooking at a lower temperature allows the meat to cook slowly and evenly, resulting in a tender and juicy Tri Tip.
4. How do I know when the Tri Tip is done?
Use a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature. 135°F for medium-rare, 145°F for medium, and 160°F for well-done.
5. Can I use a gas grill instead of a Big Green Egg?
Yes, you can still achieve delicious results on a gas grill by following the same instructions.
6. Can I freeze the leftovers?
Yes, you can freeze the cooked Tri Tip for up to three months. Just be sure to wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and aluminum foil.
7. Can I use a different seasoning rub?
Feel free to experiment with your favorite seasonings and spices to create a custom rub.
8. Can I cook the Tri Tip without searing it first?
Searing the meat before slow cooking helps to lock in the juices and create a flavorful crust.
9. How should I store the leftover cooked Tri Tip?
Store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to three days.
10. Can I cook the Tri Tip on a charcoal grill?
Yes, you can use a charcoal grill by setting it up for indirect cooking.
11. Can I use wood chips for added smoky flavor?
Absolutely! Soak the wood chips in water for 30 minutes before adding them to the grill for a smoky flavor infusion.
In conclusion, this Best Easy Big Green Egg Tri Tip recipe is a surefire way to impress your guests. The result is a tender and juicy beef dish with a delicious blend of spices. So fire up your Big Green Egg and get ready to enjoy a mouthwatering meal!