Pancakes are a beloved breakfast staple that everyone can enjoy. However, for those who are lactose intolerant or simply prefer to avoid dairy, finding a delicious pancake recipe without milk can be a challenge. Luckily, with Bisquick, you can easily whip up a batch of fluffy pancakes without the need for milk. Here is the best easy Bisquick pancake recipe without milk:
– 2 cups Bisquick
– 1 cup water
– 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
– 2 tablespoons sugar
– 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. In a mixing bowl, combine the Bisquick, water, vegetable oil, sugar, and vanilla extract. Stir until just combined, being careful not to overmix. The batter should be slightly lumpy.
2. Preheat a non-stick skillet or griddle over medium heat. If needed, lightly grease the surface with cooking spray or a small amount of oil.
3. Using a 1/4 cup measuring cup, pour the batter onto the skillet. Cook until bubbles start to form on the surface, then flip the pancake and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes, or until golden brown.
4. Remove the pancake from the skillet and repeat with the remaining batter. Serve warm with your favorite toppings, such as maple syrup, fresh fruit, or whipped cream.
1. Can I substitute Bisquick with another pancake mix?
Yes, you can use any pancake mix of your choice.
2. Can I use almond milk instead of water?
Yes, almond milk can be used as a substitute for water to add a hint of nutty flavor.
3. Can I make the batter ahead of time?
Yes, you can prepare the batter in advance and store it in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours.
4. Can I freeze the pancakes?
Yes, you can freeze the cooked pancakes between layers of wax paper for up to 2 months. Reheat in a toaster or microwave when ready to enjoy.
5. Can I use gluten-free Bisquick for this recipe?
Yes, you can substitute regular Bisquick with gluten-free Bisquick if you have dietary restrictions.
6. Can I use a different sweetener instead of sugar?
Yes, you can use honey, maple syrup, or any other sweetener of your choice.
7. Can I add chocolate chips or blueberries to the batter?
Absolutely! Feel free to add your favorite mix-ins to the batter before cooking.
8. Can I make mini pancakes instead of regular-sized ones?
Yes, you can use a tablespoon to make smaller, bite-sized pancakes.
9. Can I use this recipe to make waffles?
No, this recipe is specifically for pancakes. However, you can find a separate recipe for Bisquick waffles.
10. Can I double the recipe?
Yes, you can easily double or triple the recipe to accommodate a larger group.
11. Can I use this recipe to make pancakes without Bisquick?
Yes, you can substitute Bisquick with a homemade pancake mix recipe of your choice.