Best Easy Butter Mochi Muffin Recipe
If you’re a fan of mochi, then you’re going to love this easy butter mochi muffin recipe. Made with just a few simple ingredients, these muffins are soft, chewy, and have an irresistible buttery flavor. Whether you’re a seasoned baker or a beginner in the kitchen, this recipe is sure to be a hit.
– 1 ½ cups glutinous rice flour
– 1 cup granulated sugar
– 1 teaspoon baking powder
– ½ teaspoon salt
– ½ cup unsalted butter, melted
– 1 ½ cups whole milk
– 2 large eggs
– 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and line a muffin tin with paper liners.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the glutinous rice flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
3. In a separate bowl, combine the melted butter, milk, eggs, and vanilla extract.
4. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Be careful not to overmix.
5. Divide the batter evenly among the muffin cups, filling each about ¾ of the way full.
6. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the tops are golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
7. Allow the muffins to cool in the tin for a few minutes, then transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely.
1. Can I use regular flour instead of glutinous rice flour?
No, glutinous rice flour is essential for the chewy texture of these muffins.
2. Can I use salted butter instead of unsalted?
Yes, but reduce the amount of salt in the recipe by half.
3. Can I use a different type of milk?
Yes, you can use any type of milk you prefer, but whole milk gives the best results.
4. Can I add other flavors to the muffins?
Absolutely! You can add chocolate chips, matcha powder, or even some shredded coconut for extra flavor.
5. How should I store these muffins?
Store them in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.
6. Can I freeze these muffins?
Yes, they freeze well. Just make sure to thaw them at room temperature before serving.
7. Can I make these muffins gluten-free?
Yes, you can substitute the glutinous rice flour with a gluten-free flour blend.
8. Can I replace the sugar with a sugar substitute?
Yes, you can use a sugar substitute, but it may affect the texture and taste slightly.
9. Can I use a muffin tin without liners?
Yes, just make sure to grease the muffin tin well to prevent sticking.
10. Can I use this recipe to make a cake instead?
Yes, you can pour the batter into a greased cake pan and adjust the baking time accordingly.
11. Can I use a different extract instead of vanilla?
Yes, you can use almond extract, coconut extract, or any other flavor you prefer.
With this easy butter mochi muffin recipe, you can enjoy the deliciousness of mochi in a convenient and portable muffin form. Experiment with different flavors and make these muffins your own. Happy baking!