Best Easy Cabbage Soup Diet Recipe Instant Pot
If you’re looking for a quick and effective way to shed some pounds, the cabbage soup diet is worth considering. This diet revolves around a simple homemade cabbage soup that is low in calories and high in fiber. And with the help of an Instant Pot, you can have a delicious and nutritious cabbage soup ready in no time. Here is the best and easiest cabbage soup diet recipe for your Instant Pot.
– 1 head of cabbage, chopped
– 2 carrots, diced
– 2 celery stalks, diced
– 1 onion, diced
– 4 cloves of garlic, minced
– 6 cups of low-sodium vegetable broth
– 1 can of diced tomatoes
– 1 teaspoon of dried thyme
– 1 teaspoon of dried oregano
– Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Set your Instant Pot to sauté mode and add a drizzle of olive oil.
2. Sauté the onions, garlic, carrots, and celery until they become tender.
3. Add the cabbage, diced tomatoes, vegetable broth, thyme, oregano, salt, and pepper into the Instant Pot.
4. Stir well and close the lid.
5. Set the Instant Pot to manual mode and cook on high pressure for 5 minutes.
6. Once the cooking time is up, allow for a natural pressure release for 10 minutes before carefully performing a quick release.
7. Give the soup a good stir and adjust the seasoning if necessary.
8. Serve hot and enjoy!
1. Can I add other vegetables to the cabbage soup?
Yes, you can add other vegetables like bell peppers, zucchini, or green beans to enhance the flavor.
2. Can I freeze the cabbage soup?
Absolutely! This soup freezes well, so you can make a big batch and store it for later.
3. Can I substitute vegetable broth with chicken broth?
Yes, you can use chicken broth if you prefer the taste.
4. How long does the cabbage soup last in the refrigerator?
It can last up to 5 days when stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
5. Can I use fresh tomatoes instead of canned?
Yes, you can use fresh tomatoes, but make sure to remove the skin and dice them before adding to the soup.
6. Can I add protein to the soup?
Yes, you can add cooked chicken or lean beef for added protein.
7. Can I use red cabbage instead of green cabbage?
Absolutely! Red cabbage would add a vibrant color and slightly different taste to the soup.
8. Can I add spices like paprika or cayenne pepper?
Yes, feel free to add spices according to your taste preferences.
9. Can I use beef or bone broth instead of vegetable broth?
Yes, you can use beef or bone broth if you prefer the taste.
10. Can I add rice or noodles to the soup?
This soup is typically low in carbohydrates, so it’s best to avoid adding rice or noodles.
11. How many calories are in a serving of cabbage soup?
It can vary depending on the specific ingredients used, but generally, a serving of cabbage soup contains around 100-150 calories.
Incorporating this easy cabbage soup diet recipe into your Instant Pot cooking routine can be a great way to kickstart your weight loss journey. Remember to consult with a healthcare professional before starting any diet plan to ensure it aligns with your specific needs and goals.