Best Easy Caramel Pecan Turtle Bars Recipe
If you’re a fan of sweet and salty treats, then caramel pecan turtle bars are the perfect indulgence for you. These decadent bars combine the rich flavors of caramel, chocolate, and crunchy pecans to create a delightful dessert that everyone will love. The best part? They are super easy to make! Here’s a simple recipe to satisfy your sweet tooth.
– 1 cup all-purpose flour
– 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
– 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
– 1/4 teaspoon salt
– 1 cup caramel candies, unwrapped
– 2 tablespoons heavy cream
– 1 cup pecans, roughly chopped
– 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and line a square baking dish with parchment paper.
2. In a bowl, mix the flour, butter, brown sugar, and salt until crumbly. Press the mixture evenly into the bottom of the baking dish.
3. Bake the crust for 15 minutes or until lightly golden.
4. In a saucepan, melt the caramel candies and heavy cream over low heat, stirring constantly until smooth.
5. Remove the crust from the oven and pour the caramel mixture evenly over it.
6. Sprinkle the chopped pecans over the caramel layer.
7. Return the baking dish to the oven and bake for an additional 10 minutes.
8. Remove from the oven and sprinkle the chocolate chips over the hot bars. Let them sit for a few minutes until the chocolate melts, then spread it evenly with a spatula.
9. Allow the bars to cool completely before cutting into squares.
1. Can I use store-bought caramel sauce instead of melting the candies?
Yes, you can use store-bought caramel sauce as a shortcut.
2. Can I use salted butter instead of unsalted?
Yes, but omit the additional salt in the recipe.
3. Can I use a different type of nut instead of pecans?
Absolutely! Walnuts or almonds would work well too.
4. Can I freeze these bars?
Yes, tightly wrap them in plastic wrap and freeze for up to three months.
5. Can I use milk chocolate instead of semi-sweet?
You can, but it will make the bars sweeter.