Are you craving a deliciously sweet and gooey treat? Look no further than this mouthwatering caramel roll recipe made with frozen bread dough. With just a few simple ingredients and minimal effort, you can whip up a batch of these irresistible caramel rolls that will have your family and friends begging for more.
– 1 package of frozen bread dough
– 1 cup of brown sugar
– 1/2 cup of unsalted butter, melted
– 1 tablespoon of ground cinnamon
– 1/2 cup of chopped nuts (optional)
– 1/2 cup of raisins (optional)
1. Thaw the frozen bread dough according to the package instructions.
2. Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and grease a baking dish.
3. Roll out the thawed dough on a lightly floured surface into a rectangle shape.
4. In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar and ground cinnamon.
5. Brush the melted butter evenly over the rolled-out dough.
6. Sprinkle the cinnamon sugar mixture over the dough, ensuring it covers the entire surface.
7. If desired, sprinkle the chopped nuts and raisins over the dough.
8. Starting from one end, carefully roll up the dough into a log shape.
9. Slice the log into individual rolls, about 1 inch thick.
10. Place the rolls into the greased baking dish, leaving space between each roll.
11. Bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, or until golden brown and bubbly.
12. Remove from the oven and let cool for a few minutes before serving.
1. Can I use homemade bread dough instead of frozen?
Yes, you can use homemade bread dough if you prefer. Just make sure it is risen and ready to be rolled out.
2. Can I substitute white sugar for brown sugar?
Brown sugar gives the rolls a rich caramel flavor, but you can use white sugar if you don’t have brown sugar on hand.
3. Can I omit the nuts and raisins?
Absolutely! The nuts and raisins are optional and can be left out if you prefer.
4. Can I make these rolls ahead of time?
Yes, you can prepare the rolls in advance and refrigerate them overnight. Just allow them to come to room temperature before baking.
5. Can I freeze the baked rolls?
Yes, you can freeze the baked rolls. Once cooled, wrap them tightly in plastic wrap and place them in a freezer-safe container.
6. How long do the rolls stay fresh?
The rolls are best when consumed within a day or two. However, they can be reheated in the microwave or oven to refresh their taste.
7. Can I use margarine instead of butter?
While margarine can be used, butter provides a richer flavor.
8. Can I use a different spice instead of cinnamon?
If you’re not a fan of cinnamon, you can experiment with other spices like nutmeg or cardamom.
9. Can I use a different type of nuts?
Certainly! Feel free to use your preferred nuts or omit them entirely if you have allergies or dietary restrictions.
10. Can I use a different baking dish?
Yes, you can use different sizes or shapes of baking dishes, but ensure the rolls have enough space to rise and expand.
11. Can I add a glaze or frosting to the rolls?
Certainly! You can drizzle a simple powdered sugar glaze or cream cheese frosting over the rolls after they have cooled slightly.