Best Easy Cheesecake Recipe Without a Springform Pan
Cheesecake is a classic dessert loved by many, but not everyone has a springform pan at hand. Don’t worry, you can still make a delicious cheesecake without one! Here is a simple and foolproof recipe that will have you enjoying a creamy and decadent cheesecake in no time.
– 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
– 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
– 2 (8 oz) packages cream cheese, softened
– 1 cup granulated sugar
– 1 tsp vanilla extract
– 2 large eggs
– 1 cup sour cream
– 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1. Preheat your oven to 325°F (163°C). In a medium-sized bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs and melted butter until the mixture resembles wet sand.
2. Press the crumb mixture into the bottom of a 9-inch round cake pan, ensuring an even layer.
3. In a separate bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla extract until smooth and creamy. Add the eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
4. Stir in the sour cream and flour until just combined. Be careful not to overmix.
5. Pour the cream cheese mixture into the cake pan, spreading it evenly over the crust.
6. Bake for 45-50 minutes or until the cheesecake is set around the edges but slightly jiggly in the center.
7. Remove the cheesecake from the oven and let it cool completely at room temperature.
8. Once cooled, refrigerate the cheesecake for at least 4 hours or overnight to ensure it sets properly.
9. To serve, carefully run a knife around the edge of the pan to loosen the cheesecake. Gently remove the cake from the pan and transfer it to a serving plate.
10. Slice and enjoy your delicious cheesecake!
1. Can I use a different type of cookie for the crust?
Yes, you can use any type of cookie crumbs you prefer, such as Oreos or digestive biscuits.
2. Can I use a different size pan?
Yes, you can use a different size pan, but you may need to adjust the baking time accordingly.
3. Can I use low-fat cream cheese?
Yes, you can use low-fat cream cheese, but keep in mind that it may affect the texture and flavor of the cheesecake.
4. Can I freeze the cheesecake?
Yes, you can freeze the cheesecake for up to 2 months. Just make sure to wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and aluminum foil.
5. Can I add fruit or chocolate to the cheesecake?
Absolutely! You can add your favorite fruits, chocolate chips, or even swirl in some fruit preserves before baking.
6. Can I use a hand mixer instead of a stand mixer?
Yes, a hand mixer works just as well for this recipe.
7. Can I use a glass baking dish instead of a cake pan?
Yes, a glass baking dish will work fine.
8. Can I use a water bath for this recipe?
A water bath is not necessary for this recipe, but you can use one if you prefer.
9. Do I have to refrigerate the cheesecake overnight?
While it’s not necessary, refrigerating the cheesecake overnight allows it to set properly and enhances the flavor.
10. Can I use margarine instead of butter?
It is recommended to use unsalted butter for the best flavor, but margarine can be used as a substitute.
11. Can I add a crust to the sides of the cheesecake?
Yes, you can press the crust mixture up the sides of the pan if desired for a more traditional look.