Best Easy Chicken Pot Pie Camping Recipe
Are you planning a camping trip and looking for a delicious and easy-to-make meal? Look no further than this mouthwatering chicken pot pie recipe! Packed with savory flavors and hearty ingredients, this dish is sure to be a hit with your fellow campers. Plus, it requires minimal prep time and can be cooked over an open fire or on a camp stove. Here’s how to make the best easy chicken pot pie for your next outdoor adventure.
– 2 cups cooked chicken, shredded
– 1 cup frozen mixed vegetables
– 1 can cream of chicken soup
– 1 cup chicken broth
– 1 teaspoon garlic powder
– 1 teaspoon dried thyme
– Salt and pepper to taste
– 1 package refrigerated pie crusts
1. In a large skillet, combine cooked chicken, frozen mixed vegetables, cream of chicken soup, chicken broth, garlic powder, dried thyme, salt, and pepper. Stir until well combined.
2. Place the skillet over medium heat and cook until the mixture is heated through, stirring occasionally.
3. Meanwhile, unroll the refrigerated pie crusts and cut them into circles that are slightly larger than the individual serving bowls you will be using.
4. Spoon the chicken mixture into individual serving bowls, filling them about three-quarters full.
5. Top each bowl with a pie crust circle, pressing the edges down to seal.
6. Cut a few slits in the crust to allow steam to escape.
7. Place the bowls on a baking sheet and transfer them to a campfire or camp stove.
8. Cook for about 15-20 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown and the filling is bubbling.
9. Remove from heat and let cool for a few minutes before serving.
1. Can I use fresh vegetables instead of frozen? Yes, you can use fresh vegetables, but make sure to chop them into small pieces for quicker cooking.
2. Can I use leftover cooked turkey instead of chicken? Absolutely! This recipe is versatile and can be made with any cooked meat of your choice.
3. Can I make the filling ahead of time? Yes, you can prepare the filling at home and store it in an airtight container in your cooler until you’re ready to cook.
4. Can I use homemade pie crust instead of store-bought? Yes, homemade crust can be used for a more personalized touch.
5. Can I freeze the pot pies before cooking? Yes, you can freeze the assembled pot pies and cook them later. Just make sure to thaw them before cooking.
6. Can I substitute cream of mushroom soup for cream of chicken? Yes, you can substitute cream of mushroom soup if you prefer a different flavor.
7. Can I use vegetable broth instead of chicken broth? Yes, vegetable broth can be used as a substitute for chicken broth for a vegetarian version.
8. Can I add other seasonings to the filling? Absolutely! Feel free to add your favorite herbs and spices to enhance the flavor.
9. Can I use a Dutch oven instead of individual serving bowls? Yes, you can use a Dutch oven instead, but adjust the cooking time accordingly.
10. Can I make this recipe on a grill? Yes, you can place the individual serving bowls on a grill and cook them with the lid closed.
11. Can I reheat the leftovers? Yes, you can reheat the chicken pot pie in a microwave or on a camp stove until heated through.
Now that you have the recipe and all your questions answered, it’s time to gather around the campfire and enjoy a comforting and delicious chicken pot pie. Happy camping!