Best Easy Chinese House Special Chicken Recipe
Chinese cuisine is known for its bold flavors and unique combinations of ingredients. One classic dish that never fails to impress is the Chinese House Special Chicken. This recipe is easy to make and bursting with savory flavors that will leave your taste buds craving for more. Here’s how you can recreate this delicious dish at home.
– 500g boneless chicken, cut into bite-sized pieces
– 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
– 3 cloves garlic, minced
– 1-inch piece ginger, grated
– 2 tablespoons soy sauce
– 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
– 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
– 1 tablespoon honey
– 1 teaspoon cornstarch, dissolved in 2 tablespoons water
– Salt and pepper to taste
– Sesame seeds and green onions for garnish
1. In a wok or large skillet, heat the vegetable oil over medium heat. Add the minced garlic and grated ginger, and sauté until fragrant.
2. Add the chicken pieces to the wok and cook until they are browned on all sides.
3. In a small bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, oyster sauce, hoisin sauce, honey, and cornstarch mixture.
4. Pour the sauce over the chicken in the wok, stirring well to coat the chicken evenly.
5. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 10-15 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and the sauce has thickened.
6. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
7. Garnish with sesame seeds and chopped green onions before serving.
This Chinese House Special Chicken is perfect served over steamed rice or noodles. The combination of savory and slightly sweet flavors makes it a crowd-pleasing dish that everyone will love.
1. Can I use bone-in chicken for this recipe?
Yes, you can use bone-in chicken, but the cooking time may need to be adjusted.
2. Can I substitute the oyster sauce?
If you don’t have oyster sauce, you can use hoisin sauce as a substitute.
3. Can I make this recipe spicy?
Absolutely! You can add some chili flakes or sriracha sauce for a spicy kick.
4. Can I use chicken thighs instead of breast meat?
Yes, chicken thighs can be used for this recipe, but the cooking time may be slightly longer.
5. Can I make this recipe ahead of time?
Yes, you can make this dish ahead of time and reheat it before serving.
6. Can I freeze the leftovers?
Yes, you can freeze the leftovers in an airtight container for up to three months.
7. Can I add vegetables to this dish?
Certainly! You can add vegetables such as bell peppers, broccoli, or snow peas for some added color and nutrition.
8. Can I use low-sodium soy sauce?
Yes, you can use low-sodium soy sauce if you prefer a less salty flavor.
9. Can I use another type of meat?
Yes, you can substitute the chicken with beef, pork, or even tofu for a vegetarian version.
10. Can I double the recipe?
Absolutely! Just make sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly.
11. Can I make this dish without cornstarch?
Cornstarch helps thicken the sauce, but you can omit it if desired. The sauce will be slightly thinner.