Best Easy Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe With Hershey Bar
Who doesn’t love a warm, gooey chocolate chip cookie? With this easy recipe, you can whip up a batch of delicious cookies in no time. The addition of a Hershey bar takes these cookies to a whole new level of chocolatey goodness. Get ready to indulge in the perfect combination of soft, chewy cookie and melty chocolate!
– 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
– 1 cup granulated sugar
– 1 cup packed brown sugar
– 2 large eggs
– 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
– 3 cups all-purpose flour
– 1 teaspoon baking soda
– 1/2 teaspoon salt
– 2 cups chocolate chips
– 1 Hershey bar, chopped into small pieces
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a large mixing bowl, cream together the softened butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
3. Beat in the eggs one at a time, followed by the vanilla extract.
4. In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture, mixing until just combined.
5. Fold in the chocolate chips and chopped Hershey bar.
6. Drop rounded tablespoons of dough onto the prepared baking sheet, spacing them about 2 inches apart.
7. Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the edges are golden brown.
8. Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes, then transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
1. Can I use salted butter instead of unsalted butter?
Yes, but adjust the amount of salt accordingly or omit it completely.
2. Can I use dark chocolate instead of milk chocolate?
Absolutely! Use your favorite chocolate variety or experiment with different flavors.
3. Can I freeze the dough?
Yes, you can freeze the dough for up to 3 months. Just shape it into balls and freeze on a baking sheet before transferring to a freezer bag.
4. How can I make the cookies extra chewy?
Increase the amount of brown sugar in the recipe.
5. Can I use gluten-free flour?
Yes, you can substitute with a gluten-free flour blend.
6. Can I substitute the Hershey bar with other chocolate bars?
Yes, feel free to use your preferred chocolate bar or even a combination of different ones.
7. Can I use margarine instead of butter?
Butter is recommended for the best flavor and texture, but margarine can be used as a substitute.
8. Can I make smaller or larger cookies?
Sure! Adjust the size of the dough balls and baking time accordingly.
9. How should I store the cookies?
Store them in an airtight container at room temperature for up to a week.
10. Can I add nuts to the recipe?
Absolutely! Chopped nuts like walnuts or pecans can be a tasty addition.
11. Can I use this recipe to make cookie bars?
Yes, simply press the dough into a greased baking pan and bake for a bit longer.
With this simple recipe and the added touch of a Hershey bar, you can create a batch of irresistible chocolate chip cookies that will have everyone coming back for more. Enjoy the delightful combination of flavors and indulge in the ultimate treat!