Best Easy Cook’s Country English Muffin Bread Recipe
If you’re a fan of English muffins, then you’ll absolutely love this easy and delicious recipe for Cook’s Country English Muffin Bread. With its soft and chewy texture and the iconic nooks and crannies, this homemade bread will quickly become a favorite in your household. Plus, it’s incredibly easy to make!
To get started, gather the following ingredients:
– 5 ½ cups all-purpose flour
– 2 ¾ teaspoons instant yeast
– 1 tablespoon sugar
– 2 teaspoons salt
– ¼ teaspoon baking soda
– 2 ½ cups warm milk
– Cornmeal, for dusting
1. In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, yeast, sugar, salt, and baking soda.
2. Gradually add the warm milk and mix until a sticky dough forms.
3. Transfer the dough to a greased loaf pan and sprinkle the top with cornmeal.
4. Cover the pan with a clean kitchen towel and let it rise in a warm place for about an hour, or until the dough has doubled in size.
5. Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
6. Bake the bread for 35-40 minutes, or until golden brown.
7. Remove the bread from the oven and let it cool in the pan for a few minutes before transferring it to a wire rack to cool completely.
1. Can I use whole wheat flour instead of all-purpose flour?
Yes, you can substitute up to half of the all-purpose flour with whole wheat flour for a heartier bread.
2. Can I use active dry yeast instead of instant yeast?
Yes, but you’ll need to activate the yeast in warm water before adding it to the dough.
3. How should I store the bread?
Wrap it tightly in plastic wrap or store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to five days.
4. Can I freeze the bread?
Yes, slice the bread and freeze it in an airtight bag or container for up to three months.
5. Can I add raisins or other ingredients to the dough?
Yes, you can add raisins, dried cranberries, or even cheese to the dough for added flavor.
6. Can I use a bread machine to make this recipe?
Yes, simply follow your bread machine’s instructions for making dough and bake it in the oven as instructed.
7. Can I make this recipe gluten-free?
Yes, you can use a gluten-free all-purpose flour blend instead of regular flour.
8. Can I make mini English muffin bread rolls instead of a loaf?
Yes, simply divide the dough into smaller portions and bake for a shorter time.
9. Can I use almond milk or another dairy-free milk?
Yes, you can use any type of milk substitute in this recipe.
10. Can I add honey or maple syrup instead of sugar?
Yes, you can use honey or maple syrup as a sweetener.
11. Can I toast the bread?
Absolutely! Toast the slices of English muffin bread and enjoy them with butter or your favorite toppings.
With its simplicity and incredible taste, this Cook’s Country English Muffin Bread recipe is definitely a winner. Whether you enjoy it plain, toasted, or with your favorite spreads, this homemade bread is sure to become a household favorite.