Best Easy Cream of Wheat Bread Recipe
Are you tired of the same old bread recipes and looking for something new and delicious? Look no further than this easy cream of wheat bread recipe! Made with simple ingredients and minimal effort, this bread will become a staple in your kitchen. So, put on your apron, grab your measuring cups, and let’s get baking!
– 2 cups all-purpose flour
– 1 cup cream of wheat
– 1 packet active dry yeast
– 1 tablespoon sugar
– 1 teaspoon salt
– 1 ½ cups warm water
– 2 tablespoons olive oil
1. In a large mixing bowl, combine the warm water, yeast, and sugar. Let it sit for 5 minutes until the yeast becomes frothy.
2. Add the flour, cream of wheat, salt, and olive oil to the bowl. Mix until a soft dough forms.
3. Knead the dough on a lightly floured surface for about 5 minutes until it becomes smooth and elastic.
4. Place the dough in a greased bowl, cover it with a damp cloth, and let it rise in a warm place for about 1 hour or until it doubles in size.
5. Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C).
6. Punch down the dough to release any air bubbles and shape it into a loaf.
7. Place the loaf in a greased loaf pan and let it rise for another 30 minutes.
8. Bake the bread for 30-35 minutes or until it turns golden brown and sounds hollow when tapped on the bottom.
9. Remove the bread from the oven and let it cool completely before slicing.
1. Can I use whole wheat flour instead of all-purpose flour?
Yes, you can substitute whole wheat flour for a healthier alternative.
2. Can I use instant cream of wheat?
Instant cream of wheat may alter the texture of the bread, so it’s better to use regular cream of wheat.
3. Can I add nuts or dried fruits to the bread?
Absolutely! Feel free to add your favorite nuts or dried fruits for added flavor and texture.
4. Can I freeze the bread?
Yes, you can freeze the bread for up to 3 months. Just make sure to wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and place it in a freezer bag.
5. Can I use a bread machine?
Yes, you can use a bread machine to knead and rise the dough, but you’ll still need to shape and bake the bread in the oven.
6. How long does the bread stay fresh?
The bread will stay fresh for about 3-4 days when stored in an airtight container at room temperature.
7. Can I use a different type of oil?
Yes, you can use vegetable oil or melted butter instead of olive oil.
8. Can I make rolls instead of a loaf?
Yes, you can shape the dough into rolls and adjust the baking time accordingly.
9. Can I use a different type of yeast?
Yes, you can use instant yeast instead of active dry yeast. Just follow the instructions on the yeast packet.
10. Can I add herbs or spices to the bread?
Absolutely! Feel free to add your favorite herbs, spices, or even cheese to the dough for a personalized touch.
11. Can I use a different type of sweetener?
Yes, you can use honey, maple syrup, or any other sweetener of your choice instead of sugar.
Now that you have all the information you need, it’s time to get baking and enjoy this easy and delicious cream of wheat bread!