Best Easy Creamy Chicken Orzo Soup Recipe
Soup is a comforting and filling dish that is perfect for any time of the year. If you are looking for a delicious and easy soup recipe, then you should definitely try the creamy chicken orzo soup. This recipe is packed with flavors and is sure to satisfy your taste buds. Here is how you can make it:
– 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, diced
– 1 cup orzo pasta
– 1 onion, diced
– 3 carrots, diced
– 3 celery stalks, diced
– 3 cloves of garlic, minced
– 4 cups chicken broth
– 2 cups milk
– 1 cup heavy cream
– 1 teaspoon dried thyme
– Salt and pepper to taste
– Fresh parsley for garnish
1. In a large pot, heat some olive oil over medium heat. Add the diced chicken and cook until browned on all sides. Remove the chicken from the pot and set aside.
2. In the same pot, add the diced onion, carrots, celery, and garlic. Cook until the vegetables are tender.
3. Add the chicken broth, milk, and heavy cream to the pot. Bring to a simmer.
4. Stir in the orzo pasta and dried thyme. Cook for about 10-12 minutes, or until the pasta is tender.
5. Add the cooked chicken back to the pot and season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook for an additional 5 minutes.
6. Serve the soup hot, garnished with fresh parsley.
1. Can I use chicken thighs instead of chicken breasts?
Yes, you can use chicken thighs instead. Just remember to adjust the cooking time accordingly.
2. Can I use vegetable broth instead of chicken broth?
Yes, you can use vegetable broth if you prefer a vegetarian option.
3. Can I freeze the soup?
Yes, this soup freezes well. Just make sure to cool it completely before transferring it to a freezer-safe container.
4. Can I add other vegetables to the soup?
Absolutely! You can add any vegetables you like, such as peas, corn, or spinach.
5. Can I use a different type of pasta?
Yes, you can use any small pasta shape you prefer, such as macaroni or small shells.
6. Can I make this soup in a slow cooker?
Yes, you can adapt this recipe for a slow cooker. Just follow the same steps and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
7. Can I use almond milk instead of regular milk?
Yes, you can use almond milk or any other non-dairy milk as a substitute.
8. Can I omit the heavy cream?
Yes, you can omit the heavy cream for a lighter version of the soup.
9. Can I add spices like paprika or cayenne pepper?
Certainly! Feel free to add your favorite spices to enhance the flavor.
10. Can I use leftover cooked chicken?
Yes, you can use leftover cooked chicken instead of cooking it from scratch.
11. Can I make this soup ahead of time?
Yes, you can make the soup ahead of time and reheat it when ready to serve.