Best Easy Creamy Penne Pasta Recipes Vegetarian
Penne pasta is a versatile and delicious dish that can be enjoyed by vegetarians and non-vegetarians alike. Its smooth and cylindrical shape makes it perfect for soaking up creamy sauces and flavors. If you’re looking for some vegetarian options to satisfy your pasta cravings, we’ve got you covered. Below are some of the best and easiest creamy penne pasta recipes that are completely vegetarian.
1. Creamy Tomato Basil Penne: This classic combination of tomatoes, basil, and cream creates a rich and satisfying pasta dish. Simply sauté garlic and onions, add crushed tomatoes, cream, and fresh basil, and let it simmer until thickened. Toss with cooked penne and garnish with grated Parmesan cheese.
2. Spinach and Mushroom Alfredo Penne: For a healthier option, try this creamy spinach and mushroom Alfredo. Sauté mushrooms and garlic, then add spinach and cook until wilted. Stir in Alfredo sauce and cooked penne, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
3. Creamy Pesto Penne: This recipe combines the vibrant flavors of pesto with creamy ingredients. Cook the penne until al dente, then toss with a mixture of pesto, cream, and Parmesan cheese. Garnish with toasted pine nuts for added crunch.
4. Broccoli and Cheddar Penne: For a comforting and cheesy dish, try this broccoli and cheddar penne. Cook broccoli until tender-crisp, then add cooked penne and a creamy cheddar cheese sauce. Bake until bubbly and golden on top.
5. Roasted Red Pepper and Feta Penne: Roasted red peppers add a smoky and sweet flavor to this creamy penne dish. Blend roasted red peppers, cream, and feta cheese until smooth. Toss with cooked penne and garnish with fresh herbs.
1. Can I use gluten-free penne for these recipes?
Yes, you can substitute regular penne with gluten-free penne if you have dietary restrictions.
2. Can I use other types of pasta?
Absolutely! You can use any type of pasta you prefer or have on hand.
3. Can I make these recipes vegan?
Yes, you can easily make these recipes vegan by substituting dairy ingredients with plant-based alternatives.
4. How long does it take to cook penne pasta?
Penne pasta typically takes about 10-12 minutes to cook until al dente.
5. Can I freeze leftover creamy penne pasta?
Yes, you can freeze leftover creamy penne pasta in an airtight container for up to 3 months.
6. Can I add other vegetables to these recipes?
Definitely! Feel free to add your favorite vegetables to these recipes for added flavor and nutrients.
7. Can I use dried herbs instead of fresh ones?
Yes, you can use dried herbs if fresh ones are not available. Just remember to adjust the quantities as dried herbs are more concentrated.
8. Can I make these recipes ahead of time?
Yes, you can prepare the sauces ahead of time and refrigerate them. Cook the pasta and combine with the sauce when ready to serve.
9. Can I use low-fat or non-fat cream?
Yes, you can use low-fat or non-fat cream if you prefer a lighter version of these recipes.
10. Can I add protein to these recipes?
Absolutely! You can add tofu, chickpeas, or any other protein of your choice to make these dishes more filling.
11. Can I use vegetable broth instead of cream in the recipes?
Yes, you can use vegetable broth as a lighter alternative to cream in these recipes for a healthier twist.