Best Easy Crescent Roll Taco Ring Recipe
If you’re on the lookout for a delicious and crowd-pleasing dish to serve at your next gathering, look no further than the Crescent Roll Taco Ring. Combining the flavors of savory ground beef, gooey cheese, and zesty taco seasoning, this easy recipe will surely become a favorite among your family and friends.
– 1 pound ground beef
– 1 packet taco seasoning mix
– 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
– 2 cans refrigerated crescent roll dough
– Optional toppings: diced tomatoes, shredded lettuce, sour cream, salsa
1. Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a large skillet, brown the ground beef over medium heat until fully cooked. Drain excess fat.
3. Add the taco seasoning mix and water according to the packet instructions. Simmer for 5 minutes.
4. Unroll the crescent roll dough and separate into triangles.
5. Arrange the triangles in a circle on the prepared baking sheet, with the wide ends overlapping and the pointed ends facing outward, creating a ring shape.
6. Spoon the ground beef mixture onto the wide ends of the crescent rolls, leaving a small border.
7. Sprinkle the shredded cheddar cheese over the ground beef.
8. Fold the pointed ends of the crescent rolls over the filling and tuck them under the wide ends, forming a ring.
9. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the crescent roll dough turns golden brown.
10. Remove from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes.
11. Fill the center of the taco ring with optional toppings such as diced tomatoes, shredded lettuce, sour cream, and salsa.
12. Slice and serve warm.
1. Can I use ground turkey or chicken instead of beef?
Yes, ground turkey or chicken can be substituted for beef in this recipe.
2. Can I use homemade taco seasoning?
Absolutely! Feel free to use your own homemade taco seasoning mix.
3. Can I add additional vegetables to the ground beef mixture?
Yes, you can add diced onions, bell peppers, or corn to the ground beef for added flavor and texture.
4. Can I make this recipe ahead of time?
Yes, you can assemble the taco ring ahead of time and refrigerate it until ready to bake.
5. Can I freeze the leftovers?
Yes, you can freeze any leftover taco ring in an airtight container for up to 3 months.
6. Can I use a different type of cheese?
Yes, you can use any type of shredded cheese you prefer, such as Monterey Jack or pepper jack.
7. Can I make mini taco rings instead?
Yes, you can use the same ingredients to make individual mini taco rings by using smaller portions of the dough and filling.
8. Can I use a different type of dough?
While crescent roll dough works best for this recipe, you can experiment with other types of dough like puff pastry or pizza dough.
9. Can I use ground meat alternatives?
Yes, you can use plant-based ground meat alternatives if you prefer a vegetarian version of this recipe.
10. Can I add hot sauce or other spices for extra heat?
Absolutely! Feel free to add hot sauce, crushed red pepper flakes, or any other spices to customize the level of heat.
11. Can I serve this as an appetizer?
Yes, the taco ring can be sliced into smaller portions and served as an appetizer or finger food.
In conclusion, the Crescent Roll Taco Ring is a simple and delicious recipe that is sure to impress your guests. With its combination of flavors and versatility, it’s no wonder this dish has become a favorite among many. Whether you’re hosting a party or simply looking for a satisfying meal, give this recipe a try and enjoy the mouthwatering results.