Best Easy Crown Royal Apple Cake Recipe
Who doesn’t love a delicious apple cake? And when you add a touch of Crown Royal to the mix, it takes this classic dessert to a whole new level of sophistication. This easy Crown Royal Apple Cake recipe is perfect for any occasion, whether it’s a family gathering or a special celebration.
– 2 cups all-purpose flour
– 2 teaspoons baking powder
– 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
– 1/2 teaspoon salt
– 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
– 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
– 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
– 1 cup granulated sugar
– 2 large eggs
– 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
– 1/2 cup Crown Royal Apple whiskey
– 1/2 cup buttermilk
– 2 cups peeled, cored, and diced apples
– 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
– Powdered sugar, for dusting
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease and flour a 9-inch round cake pan.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
3. In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in the vanilla extract.
4. Gradually add the Crown Royal Apple whiskey and buttermilk to the butter mixture, alternating with the flour mixture. Mix until just combined.
5. Fold in the diced apples and walnuts (if using).
6. Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan and smooth the top with a spatula.
7. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
8. Allow the cake to cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then transfer it to a wire rack to cool completely.
9. Dust the top of the cake with powdered sugar before serving.
1. Can I use a different type of whiskey?
Yes, you can substitute Crown Royal Apple with your preferred whiskey brand.
2. Can I use a different type of apple?
Absolutely! Feel free to experiment with different apple varieties for different flavors and textures.
3. Can I omit the walnuts?
Yes, if you have a nut allergy or simply prefer a nut-free cake, you can omit the walnuts without affecting the overall taste.
4. Can I use whole wheat flour instead of all-purpose flour?
Yes, you can substitute all-purpose flour with whole wheat flour, but keep in mind that it may result in a denser texture.
5. Can I make this cake in advance?
Yes, you can make the cake a day in advance and store it in an airtight container at room temperature.
6. How long will this cake stay fresh?
The cake will stay fresh for up to 3-4 days when stored properly.
7. Can I freeze this cake?
Yes, you can freeze the cake for up to 3 months. Wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and place it in a freezer bag or container.
8. Can I add a glaze to the cake?
Certainly! You can drizzle a simple glaze made with powdered sugar and milk over the cooled cake for added sweetness.
9. Can I make cupcakes instead of a cake?
Yes, you can divide the batter into cupcake liners and bake for approximately 15-20 minutes.
10. Can I serve this cake warm?
Absolutely! This cake is delicious when served warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top.
11. Can children enjoy this cake?
While the alcohol content is baked off during the cooking process, there may still be a trace amount present. It’s best to reserve this cake for adults or serve it to children without the Crown Royal Apple whiskey.