Best Easy Crunchy Malted Milk Balls Recipe
If you’re a fan of sweet treats that are both crunchy and melt-in-your-mouth delicious, then this easy crunchy malted milk balls recipe is perfect for you! These malted milk balls are simple to make and require only a few ingredients. The result is a delightful, addictive snack that will satisfy your cravings.
– 2 cups malted milk powder
– 2 cups powdered sugar
– 2 cups crispy rice cereal
– 1 cup creamy peanut butter
– 1 cup milk chocolate chips
– 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1. In a large bowl, combine the malted milk powder and powdered sugar.
2. Add the crispy rice cereal to the bowl and mix well.
3. Add the peanut butter to the mixture and stir until fully combined.
4. Shape the mixture into small balls using your hands and place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
5. Place the baking sheet in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes to allow the balls to firm up.
6. In a microwave-safe bowl, melt the milk chocolate chips and vegetable oil together in 30-second intervals, stirring in between until smooth.
7. Remove the malted milk balls from the refrigerator and dip them into the melted chocolate, coating them evenly.
8. Return the balls to the baking sheet and allow the chocolate to harden.
9. Once the chocolate has hardened, the malted milk balls are ready to be enjoyed!
1. Can I use dark chocolate instead of milk chocolate?
Yes, you can substitute milk chocolate with dark chocolate if you prefer a richer flavor.
2. Can I use crunchy peanut butter instead of creamy?
Yes, you can use crunchy peanut butter if you prefer the added texture.
3. Can I store these malted milk balls?
Yes, store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one week.
4. Can I freeze the malted milk balls?
Yes, you can freeze them for up to three months.
5. Can I use a different type of cereal?
Yes, you can use any crispy cereal of your choice.
6. Can I add nuts or dried fruits to the mixture?
Yes, feel free to add chopped nuts or dried fruits for added flavor and texture.
7. Can I use almond butter instead of peanut butter?
Yes, you can substitute peanut butter with almond butter if you have allergies or prefer a different taste.
8. Can I use a different type of chocolate?
Yes, you can use white chocolate or even flavored chocolate if you want to experiment with different flavors.
9. Can I make these without the chocolate coating?
Yes, you can enjoy the malted milk balls without the chocolate coating if desired.
10. Can I make these without malted milk powder?
No, the malted milk powder is essential for the unique flavor of these balls.
11. Can I add a touch of vanilla extract?
Yes, you can add a teaspoon of vanilla extract to enhance the flavor.