Best Easy Denver Biscuit Co Recipe
If you’re a fan of mouthwatering, homemade biscuits, then you’ve probably heard of Denver Biscuit Co. This popular breakfast spot in Denver, Colorado is known for its delectable biscuits that are fluffy on the inside and crispy on the outside. Luckily, you don’t have to travel to Denver to enjoy these biscuits, as we have the best easy Denver Biscuit Co recipe right here!
– 2 cups all-purpose flour
– 1 tablespoon baking powder
– 1 teaspoon salt
– 1/2 cup unsalted butter, cold and cubed
– 3/4 cup buttermilk
– 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
– 1/4 cup diced ham
– 1/4 cup diced green bell pepper
– 1/4 cup diced red onion
1. Preheat your oven to 425°F (220°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
3. Add the cold, cubed butter to the dry ingredients and use a pastry cutter or your fingers to cut the butter into the flour mixture until it resembles coarse crumbs.
4. Pour in the buttermilk and gently mix until just combined. Be careful not to overmix.
5. Add the shredded cheddar cheese, diced ham, green bell pepper, and red onion to the dough. Fold them in gently until evenly distributed.
6. On a lightly floured surface, turn out the dough and gently knead it a few times until it comes together.
7. Roll out the dough to about 1-inch thickness and use a round biscuit cutter to cut out biscuits. Place them onto the prepared baking sheet.
8. Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until the biscuits have risen and turned golden brown.
9. Remove from the oven and let them cool for a few minutes before serving.
1. Can I substitute the all-purpose flour with another type of flour?
– Yes, you can use whole wheat flour or a gluten-free flour blend for a healthier or gluten-free option.
2. Can I make the biscuits ahead of time?
– Yes, you can prepare the dough in advance and keep it refrigerated. Just make sure to bake them within a day or two for the best results.
3. Can I freeze the baked biscuits?
– Absolutely! Once cooled, wrap them tightly in plastic wrap or place them in an airtight container and freeze for up to three months.
4. Can I use different fillings?
– Of course! Feel free to experiment with different fillings like bacon, sausage, or even vegetables.
5. Can I make smaller biscuits?
– Yes, you can adjust the size of the biscuits by using a smaller biscuit cutter. Just keep in mind that the baking time may be shorter.
6. Can I make the biscuits without the cheese?
– Certainly! The cheese adds extra flavor, but you can omit it if you prefer.
7. Can I use regular milk instead of buttermilk?
– Buttermilk helps create a tender and moist texture, but you can substitute it with regular milk mixed with a tablespoon of lemon juice or vinegar.
8. Can I make the biscuits vegan?
– Yes, you can use vegan butter and substitute the buttermilk with plant-based milk mixed with vinegar or lemon juice.
9. Can I use a food processor to mix the dough?
– Yes, you can use a food processor to cut the butter into the flour mixture. Just be careful not to overmix once you add the liquid ingredients.
10. Can I add herbs or spices to the dough?
– Absolutely! Feel free to add your favorite herbs, spices, or even grated cheese to the dough for extra flavor.
11. Can I reheat the biscuits?
– Yes, you can reheat the biscuits in a preheated oven at 350°F (175°C) for a few minutes until warmed through.