Best Easy Di Fara Pizza Dough Recipe
If you are a pizza lover, you have probably heard of Di Fara Pizza, a legendary pizzeria located in Brooklyn, New York. Known for its delicious thin-crust pizzas, Di Fara has garnered a cult-like following over the years. While visiting the pizzeria is an experience in itself, you can recreate the magic at home with this easy Di Fara pizza dough recipe.
– 3 ½ cups bread flour
– 2 ¼ teaspoons active dry yeast
– 1 ½ teaspoons salt
– 2 teaspoons sugar
– 2 tablespoons olive oil
– 1 ½ cups warm water
1. In a large mixing bowl, combine the bread flour, yeast, salt, and sugar.
2. Add the olive oil to the warm water and pour it into the dry ingredients.
3. Mix the ingredients until a cohesive dough forms.
4. Transfer the dough to a lightly floured surface and knead for about 8-10 minutes until it becomes smooth and elastic.
5. Place the dough in a greased bowl, cover it with a kitchen towel, and let it rise in a warm place for about 1-2 hours, or until it doubles in size.
6. Punch down the dough to release the air and divide it into two equal portions.
7. Shape each portion into a ball and let them rest for another 15-20 minutes.
8. Preheat your oven to the highest temperature possible (usually around 500°F or 260°C).
9. Roll out each dough ball into your desired thickness and shape.
10. Transfer the dough onto a baking sheet or a preheated pizza stone.
11. Add your favorite toppings and bake for about 10-15 minutes or until the crust is golden brown and the cheese is bubbly.
1. Can I use all-purpose flour instead of bread flour?
Yes, but bread flour will give you a chewier and more authentic texture.
2. Can I make the dough in advance?
Yes, you can refrigerate the dough overnight and let it rise slowly for a more flavorful crust.
3. Can I freeze the dough?
Yes, you can freeze the dough for up to three months. Just thaw it in the refrigerator overnight before using.
4. Can I use instant yeast instead of active dry yeast?
Yes, but you may need to adjust the amount. Use 2 teaspoons of instant yeast instead.
5. Can I use honey instead of sugar?
Yes, you can substitute honey for sugar in the same amount.
6. Can I use a stand mixer to knead the dough?
Yes, a stand mixer with a dough hook attachment can be used for kneading.
7. Can I add herbs or spices to the dough?
Yes, you can customize the dough by adding herbs, spices, or even cheese to enhance the flavor.
8. Can I make a thicker crust?
Yes, you can adjust the thickness of the crust by rolling out the dough accordingly.
9. Can I use this dough for other types of pizza?
Yes, this versatile dough can be used for any type of pizza, from Neapolitan to deep-dish.
10. Can I use this dough for calzones?
Yes, this dough can be used for making delicious calzones as well.
11. Can I make smaller or larger portions of dough?
Yes, you can divide the dough into smaller or larger portions depending on your preference.
Enjoy the homemade Di Fara pizza experience with this easy and versatile pizza dough recipe. Experiment with different toppings and sizes to create your own pizza masterpiece!