Best Easy Dill Chicken Recipe Baked
If you’re looking for a simple and delicious chicken recipe that is packed with flavor, then this easy dill chicken recipe baked is the perfect choice. The combination of dill, garlic, and lemon gives this dish a refreshing and tangy taste that will leave you wanting more. Plus, it requires minimal ingredients and effort, making it an ideal option for a quick weeknight dinner.
To make this mouthwatering dill chicken, you’ll need the following ingredients:
– 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
– 2 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
– 2 cloves garlic, minced
– 1 lemon, juiced and zested
– 2 tablespoons olive oil
– Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
2. In a small bowl, combine the chopped dill, minced garlic, lemon zest, lemon juice, olive oil, salt, and pepper.
3. Place the chicken breasts in a baking dish and pour the dill mixture over them, making sure to coat each piece evenly.
4. Bake the chicken in the preheated oven for about 25-30 minutes or until cooked through and golden brown.
5. Remove from the oven and let it rest for a few minutes before serving.
This easy dill chicken recipe baked is incredibly versatile and can be served with a variety of side dishes. It pairs well with roasted vegetables, steamed rice, or a fresh salad. You can also use the leftovers to make sandwiches or wraps for a delicious lunch the next day.
Now, let’s address some common questions about this dill chicken recipe:
1. Can I use dried dill instead of fresh?
Yes, you can substitute dried dill, but the flavor might not be as vibrant. Use about 1 tablespoon of dried dill instead of fresh.
2. Can I use chicken thighs instead of chicken breasts?
Absolutely! Chicken thighs will work just as well in this recipe. Adjust the cooking time accordingly.
3. Can I marinate the chicken before baking?
Yes, you can marinate the chicken in the dill mixture for 30 minutes to 1 hour before baking for extra flavor.
4. Can I use other herbs instead of dill?
While dill adds a unique taste, you can experiment with other herbs like thyme or rosemary to create different flavor profiles.
5. Can I use lemon pepper instead of lemon juice and zest?
Yes, you can use lemon pepper seasoning instead, but the flavor might be slightly different.
6. Can I freeze the leftovers?
Yes, you can freeze the leftover cooked chicken for up to 3 months. Ensure it is properly sealed in an airtight container or freezer bag.
7. Can I use this recipe for grilling?
Absolutely! Marinate the chicken as instructed, then grill it until cooked through.
8. Can I use skin-on chicken breasts?
Yes, you can use skin-on chicken breasts, but the cooking time may be slightly longer.
9. Can I make this recipe dairy-free?
Yes, this recipe is already dairy-free.
10. Can I make this recipe gluten-free?
Yes, this recipe is naturally gluten-free.
11. Can I make this recipe without garlic?
If you’re not a fan of garlic, you can omit it from the recipe. The dill and lemon flavors will still shine through.
Enjoy this easy dill chicken recipe baked as a simple yet delectable meal option that will impress your family and friends with its burst of flavors.