Looking for a delicious and unique jerky recipe that will leave your taste buds tingling? Look no further than the best easy Dr Pepper and Jalapeno Jerky recipe! This mouthwatering combination of flavors will have you reaching for more with every bite.
To make this recipe, you will need the following ingredients:
– 2 pounds of beef, thinly sliced
– 1 cup of Dr Pepper
– ¼ cup of soy sauce
– 2 tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce
– 2 tablespoons of brown sugar
– 2 tablespoons of jalapeno peppers, finely chopped
– 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
– 1 teaspoon of onion powder
– 1 teaspoon of black pepper
– ½ teaspoon of salt
1. In a large bowl, combine the Dr Pepper, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, jalapeno peppers, garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper, and salt. Mix well until the sugar has dissolved.
2. Place the thinly sliced beef into a resealable plastic bag and pour the marinade over it. Seal the bag and refrigerate for at least 4 hours, or overnight for the best flavor.
3. Preheat your oven to 175°F (80°C) and line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
4. Remove the beef from the marinade and pat it dry with paper towels. Place the beef strips on the prepared baking sheet, making sure they are not touching.
5. Bake the jerky in the oven for 2-3 hours, or until it reaches your desired level of dryness. The jerky should be firm but still slightly pliable.
6. Allow the jerky to cool completely before storing it in an airtight container.
1. Can I use a different type of soda instead of Dr Pepper?
Yes, you can substitute Dr Pepper with any cola or soda of your choice.
2. Can I use chicken instead of beef?
While this recipe calls for beef, you can certainly experiment with other meats such as chicken or turkey.
3. Can I make this recipe in a dehydrator?
Absolutely! Follow the instructions of your dehydrator for drying times and temperatures.
4. How long does this jerky last?
When stored properly in an airtight container, this jerky can last for up to 2 weeks.
5. Can I freeze this jerky?
Yes, you can freeze this jerky for longer storage. Just make sure to thaw it before enjoying.
6. Can I adjust the spiciness of this recipe?
Certainly! Increase or decrease the amount of jalapeno peppers based on your preference for heat.
7. Can I use a low-sodium soy sauce?
Yes, you can opt for a low-sodium soy sauce if you prefer.
8. Can I use fresh jalapenos instead of canned?
Absolutely! Just make sure to finely chop the fresh jalapenos.
9. Can I double or halve the recipe?
Yes, you can easily adjust the quantities to make more or less jerky.
10. Can I use a different type of sugar?
Yes, you can experiment with other types of sugar such as white sugar or honey.
11. Can I add other seasonings to this recipe?
Feel free to get creative and add other seasonings to suit your taste preferences. Just keep in mind the overall balance of flavors.
With this easy Dr Pepper and Jalapeno Jerky recipe, you can enjoy a unique and tasty snack that is sure to impress. Whether you’re hosting a game night or going on a hiking adventure, this jerky will be a hit. Give it a try and satisfy your cravings for a mouthwatering combination of sweet and spicy flavors.