Best Easy Orange Chicken Recipe Kids Will Love
Orange chicken is a delicious and tangy dish that kids absolutely adore. It combines the sweetness of oranges with the savory flavors of chicken, resulting in a mouthwatering combination. If you’re looking for an easy orange chicken recipe that will satisfy your kids’ taste buds, look no further! Here’s a simple and kid-friendly recipe that will have them asking for seconds.
– 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
– 1 cup orange juice
– 1/4 cup soy sauce
– 1/4 cup honey
– 2 tablespoons cornstarch
– 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
– 2 cloves garlic, minced
– 1 teaspoon grated ginger
– Salt and pepper to taste
– Sesame seeds and green onions for garnish (optional)
1. In a bowl, whisk together orange juice, soy sauce, honey, cornstarch, garlic, ginger, salt, and pepper.
2. Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken pieces and cook until browned.
3. Pour the orange juice mixture over the chicken and stir well to combine. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and the sauce has thickened.
4. Serve hot over rice or noodles, garnished with sesame seeds and green onions if desired.
1. Can I use chicken thighs instead of chicken breasts?
Yes, you can use chicken thighs if you prefer. Just make sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly.
2. Can I use store-bought orange juice?
Absolutely! Store-bought orange juice works just as well as freshly squeezed.
3. Can I make this recipe in a slow cooker?
Yes, you can. Simply follow steps 1 and 2, then transfer everything to a slow cooker and cook on low for 4-6 hours.
4. Can I use gluten-free soy sauce?
Yes, you can substitute regular soy sauce with gluten-free soy sauce if you have dietary restrictions.
5. Can I freeze the leftovers?
Yes, you can freeze the leftover orange chicken in an airtight container for up to 3 months.
6. Can I use another type of meat?
Certainly! This recipe works well with shrimp, tofu, or even beef.
7. Can I add vegetables to this dish?
Absolutely! Feel free to add your favorite vegetables such as bell peppers, broccoli, or snap peas.
8. Can I make this recipe spicy?
If your kids enjoy spicy food, you can add a dash of hot sauce or red pepper flakes to the orange juice mixture.
9. Can I use a different type of sweetener?
Yes, you can use maple syrup or brown sugar instead of honey if you prefer.
10. Can I double the recipe?
Certainly! Just make sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly.
11. Can I make this recipe ahead of time?
Yes, you can prepare the orange chicken ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator. Reheat it in a skillet or microwave before serving.
Now you have a simple and delicious orange chicken recipe that your kids will love. It’s quick to make and packed with flavor, making it the perfect dish for busy weeknight dinners or special occasions. Enjoy!