Best Easy Snickerdoodle Recipe for Kids
Snickerdoodles are a classic and beloved cookie that both kids and adults enjoy. With their soft and chewy texture, and a delightful cinnamon-sugar coating, these cookies are a perfect treat for any occasion. If you’re looking for a simple and delicious snickerdoodle recipe that kids can help with, look no further! Here is the best easy snickerdoodle recipe that will surely become a favorite in your household.
– 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
– 1 ½ cups granulated sugar
– 2 large eggs
– 2 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
– 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
– 1 teaspoon baking soda
– ¼ teaspoon salt
– 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
– 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1. Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a large mixing bowl, cream together the softened butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
3. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, until well combined.
4. In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, and salt.
5. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture, mixing until just combined.
6. In a small bowl, mix together the remaining sugar and cinnamon for the coating.
7. Roll the dough into 1-inch balls, then roll each ball in the cinnamon-sugar mixture until coated.
8. Place the coated dough balls onto the prepared baking sheet, spacing them about 2 inches apart.
9. Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until the edges are lightly golden.
10. Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
1. Can I use salted butter instead of unsalted?
Yes, but remember to reduce the amount of salt in the recipe.
2. Can I substitute cream of tartar?
Cream of tartar is essential for the texture of snickerdoodles, but you can substitute it with lemon juice or white vinegar.
3. Can I freeze the dough?
Yes, you can freeze the dough for up to 3 months. Just thaw it in the refrigerator before baking.
4. How can I make the cookies softer?
Adding a tablespoon of sour cream to the dough will make the cookies softer.
5. Can I add chocolate chips to the dough?
Absolutely! Chocolate chips make a delicious addition to snickerdoodles.
6. Can I make smaller cookies?
Yes, you can make smaller dough balls and adjust the baking time accordingly.
7. Can I use whole wheat flour?
You can substitute part of the all-purpose flour with whole wheat flour, but keep in mind that it will affect the texture of the cookies.
8. Can I use margarine instead of butter?
Butter is recommended for the best flavor and texture, but margarine can be used as a substitute.
9. Can I add nuts to the dough?
Yes, chopped nuts like pecans or walnuts can be added for extra crunch.
10. Can I double the recipe?
Yes, you can easily double the recipe to make more cookies.
11. How long will the cookies stay fresh?
Stored in an airtight container, these cookies will stay fresh for up to a week.
Now you have the perfect recipe for making delicious snickerdoodles with your kids. Enjoy the process of making and savoring these delightful treats together!