Best Easy Eye of Round Steak Oven Recipe
Eye of round steak is a lean and flavorful cut of beef that is perfect for a delicious and satisfying meal. With its tender texture and rich taste, cooking eye of round steak in the oven is a simple and foolproof way to enjoy this cut of meat. Here is an easy and mouthwatering recipe that will leave your taste buds wanting more.
– 2 pounds of eye of round steak
– 2 tablespoons of olive oil
– 2 cloves of garlic, minced
– 1 teaspoon of salt
– 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
– 1 teaspoon of dried rosemary
1. Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
2. In a small bowl, combine the olive oil, minced garlic, salt, black pepper, and dried rosemary. Mix well.
3. Rub the mixture all over the eye of round steak, making sure to coat both sides.
4. Place the steak in a baking dish and cover with aluminum foil.
5. Cook in the preheated oven for 25 minutes.
6. Remove the foil and continue cooking for an additional 10-15 minutes, or until the steak reaches your desired level of doneness.
7. Remove the steak from the oven and let it rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
8. Serve hot and enjoy!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
1. Can I marinate the eye of round steak before cooking?
Yes, marinating the steak for a few hours or overnight will enhance its flavor and tenderness.
2. Can I use fresh rosemary instead of dried?
Absolutely! Fresh rosemary will add a delightful aroma and taste to the steak.
3. What other seasonings can I use?
You can experiment with different herbs and spices such as thyme, oregano, or paprika to suit your taste.
4. What should I serve with eye of round steak?
Mashed potatoes, steamed vegetables, or a side salad make great accompaniments.
5. Can I cook the steak at a higher temperature for a shorter time?
It is not recommended, as cooking eye of round steak at a lower temperature for longer ensures tenderness.
6. Can I cook the steak without covering it with foil?
While covering the steak with foil helps retain moisture, you can skip this step if you prefer a drier exterior.
7. How do I know when the steak is done?
Use a meat thermometer to check for an internal temperature of 145°F (63°C) for medium-rare or 160°F (71°C) for medium.
8. Can I slice the steak before letting it rest?
It is best to let the steak rest to allow the juices to redistribute, ensuring a more flavorful and juicy end result.
9. How should I store leftover cooked eye of round steak?
Place it in an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
10. Can I freeze cooked eye of round steak?
Yes, it can be frozen for up to 3 months. Thaw it in the refrigerator before reheating.
11. How can I reheat cooked eye of round steak?
Reheat it in a skillet over medium heat or in the oven at a low temperature to prevent overcooking.