Best Easy Filipino Fish Fillet Recipe
The Philippines is known for its delicious seafood dishes, and one of the most popular ones is fish fillet. This dish is loved by both locals and tourists for its crispy texture and flavorful taste. If you’re looking for an easy and delicious Filipino fish fillet recipe, look no further. Here’s a simple recipe that you can try at home:
– 500 grams of fish fillet (any white fish will do)
– 1 cup all-purpose flour
– 1 teaspoon salt
– 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
– 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
– 1/2 teaspoon paprika
– 1/2 cup milk
– 1 egg
– Cooking oil for frying
1. In a bowl, combine the flour, salt, black pepper, garlic powder, and paprika. Mix well.
2. In a separate bowl, beat the egg and milk together.
3. Dip each fish fillet into the egg mixture, making sure it is fully coated.
4. Coat the fish fillet with the flour mixture, pressing gently to make sure it sticks.
5. Heat cooking oil in a pan over medium heat.
6. Fry the fish fillet until golden brown, turning once to cook both sides evenly.
7. Once cooked, transfer the fish fillet to a plate lined with paper towels to drain excess oil.
8. Serve hot with steamed rice and your favorite dipping sauce.
1. What type of fish is best for fish fillet?
Any white fish such as tilapia, cream dory, or sole is suitable for fish fillet.
2. Can I use other seasonings?
Yes, you can experiment with different seasonings according to your taste preference.
3. Do I have to use milk in the recipe?
Milk helps make the fish fillet tender and moist, but you can substitute it with water if desired.
4. Can I bake the fish fillet instead of frying?
Yes, you can bake the fish fillet in a preheated oven at 180°C for about 15-20 minutes or until cooked through.
5. Can I freeze the fish fillet?
Yes, you can freeze the cooked fish fillet for up to 2 months. Just make sure to thaw it thoroughly before reheating.
6. Can I use frozen fish fillet?
Yes, you can use frozen fish fillet. Thaw it before following the recipe.
7. Is it necessary to remove the skin from the fish fillet?
It’s recommended to remove the skin for a crispy texture, but you can leave it on if you prefer.
8. What dipping sauce goes well with fish fillet?
Sweet and sour sauce, tartar sauce, or garlic mayo are popular choices.
9. Can I use cornstarch instead of flour?
Yes, you can use cornstarch instead of flour for a lighter and crispier coating.
10. Can I use vegetable oil instead of cooking oil?
Yes, vegetable oil works well for frying the fish fillet.
11. How can I store leftovers?
Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.