Are you tired of the same old bread recipes and looking to try something new and exciting? Look no further! In this article, we will share with you the best easy flat top grill roti bread recipe that will surely impress your family and friends. And to make things even better, we have also included 11 frequently asked questions with their answers at the end. So let’s get started!
– 2 cups all-purpose flour
– 1 teaspoon salt
– 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
– ¾ cup warm water
1. In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour and salt. Make a well in the center and add the vegetable oil and warm water.
2. Mix the ingredients together using a spoon until a dough forms.
3. Knead the dough on a lightly floured surface for about 5 minutes, until it becomes smooth and elastic.
4. Divide the dough into 6 equal portions and shape them into balls.
5. Cover the dough balls with a damp cloth and let them rest for about 15 minutes.
6. Preheat your flat top grill to medium-high heat.
7. Roll out each dough ball into a thin circle using a rolling pin.
8. Place the rolled-out dough on the hot grill and cook for about 1-2 minutes on each side, until it puffs up and gets golden brown spots.
9. Remove the roti bread from the grill and brush it with melted butter.
10. Serve the roti bread warm with your favorite curry or as a side dish.
Now let’s move on to the frequently asked questions about this recipe:
1. Can I use whole wheat flour instead of all-purpose flour?
– Yes, you can substitute all or part of the all-purpose flour with whole wheat flour for a healthier option.
2. Can I make the dough in advance and refrigerate it?
– Yes, you can make the dough a day in advance and store it in the refrigerator. Just make sure to bring it to room temperature before rolling it out.
3. Can I freeze the roti bread?
– Yes, you can freeze the cooked roti bread. Just thaw it before reheating.
4. Can I use a regular grill instead of a flat top grill?
– Yes, you can use a regular grill, but make sure to oil the grates well to prevent the dough from sticking.
5. Can I add spices or herbs to the dough?
– Yes, you can add spices like cumin, coriander, or herbs like chopped cilantro to the dough to enhance the flavor.
6. Can I make mini roti breads instead of large ones?
– Yes, you can make smaller roti breads by dividing the dough into more portions.
7. Can I use gluten-free flour?
– Yes, you can use a gluten-free flour blend as a substitute for all-purpose flour.
8. Can I use a tortilla press to flatten the dough?
– Yes, a tortilla press can be used to flatten the dough, but make sure to dust it with flour to prevent sticking.
9. Can I add fillings to the roti bread?
– Yes, you can add fillings like cheese, vegetables, or minced meat before cooking the roti bread.
10. Can I use a griddle instead of a flat top grill?
– Yes, a griddle can be used as an alternative to a flat top grill.
11. Can I reheat leftover roti bread?
– Yes, you can reheat the leftover roti bread in a toaster or microwave for a few seconds.
With this easy flat top grill roti bread recipe and the answers to frequently asked questions, you are now ready to impress everyone with your culinary skills. Enjoy the delicious and versatile roti bread with your favorite dishes!