Best Easy Fried Chicken Jollibee Recipe
If you’re a fan of Jollibee’s famous fried chicken, but can’t always make it to the restaurant, we’ve got you covered with this easy and delicious homemade recipe. With just a few simple ingredients, you can recreate the crispy and flavorful Jollibee fried chicken right in your own kitchen.
– 4 pieces of chicken (legs and thighs)
– 1 cup flour
– 1 teaspoon salt
– 1/2 teaspoon pepper
– 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
– 1/2 teaspoon paprika
– 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
– 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
– 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
– 1 cup buttermilk
– Vegetable oil for frying
1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, salt, pepper, garlic powder, paprika, onion powder, dried thyme, and dried basil. Mix well.
2. Dip each piece of chicken into the buttermilk, then coat it in the flour mixture. Make sure to press the flour mixture onto the chicken to ensure a crispy coating.
3. Heat vegetable oil in a deep fryer or large pot to about 350°F (175°C).
4. Carefully place the chicken into the hot oil and fry for about 10-12 minutes, or until golden brown and cooked through.
5. Remove the chicken from the oil and let it drain on a paper towel-lined plate to remove excess oil.
6. Serve hot and enjoy your homemade Jollibee-style fried chicken!
1. Can I use chicken breast instead of legs and thighs?
Yes, you can use chicken breast, but keep in mind that it may not be as juicy as using legs and thighs.
2. Can I use regular milk instead of buttermilk?
Buttermilk adds a tangy flavor and helps tenderize the chicken, but you can use regular milk as a substitute.
3. Can I bake the chicken instead of frying?
While baking the chicken will result in a healthier version, it may not achieve the same crispy texture as frying.
4. Can I use a different seasoning blend?
Feel free to experiment with different seasonings to suit your taste preferences.
5. Should I cover the chicken while frying?
No, it’s best to leave the chicken uncovered to ensure a crispy coating.
6. How long should I marinate the chicken?
You can marinate the chicken in buttermilk for at least 2 hours or overnight for maximum flavor.
7. Can I use a different type of oil for frying?
Any vegetable oil with a high smoking point, such as canola or peanut oil, can be used for frying.
8. Can I make this recipe gluten-free?
Yes, you can use a gluten-free flour blend instead of regular flour.
9. Can I double the recipe?
Yes, you can easily double or triple the ingredients to make more servings.
10. How can I reheat the leftovers?
To maintain the crispy texture, reheat the leftovers in the oven at 350°F (175°C) for about 10 minutes.
11. Can I freeze the chicken?
Yes, you can freeze the cooked chicken for up to 3 months. Just make sure to thaw it completely before reheating.