Best Easy Fried Chicken Sandwich Recipe: Pickle Juice
If you’re craving a crispy and flavorful fried chicken sandwich, look no further than this easy recipe that incorporates pickle juice for an extra punch of tanginess. The combination of juicy chicken, crispy coating, and the subtle tang of pickle juice creates a mouthwatering experience that will satisfy any comfort food craving.
To make this delicious fried chicken sandwich, you’ll need the following ingredients:
– 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
– 1 cup buttermilk
– 1 cup pickle juice
– 1 cup all-purpose flour
– 1 teaspoon paprika
– 1 teaspoon garlic powder
– 1 teaspoon onion powder
– 1 teaspoon salt
– 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
– Vegetable oil, for frying
– 4 burger buns
– Lettuce, tomato, and pickles for garnish
1. In a bowl, combine the buttermilk and pickle juice. Add the chicken breasts, making sure they are fully submerged in the mixture. Allow them to marinate for at least 1 hour or overnight for maximum flavor.
2. In a separate bowl, mix the flour, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and black pepper.
3. Heat vegetable oil in a deep pan or skillet over medium-high heat.
4. Remove the chicken breasts from the marinade, allowing any excess liquid to drip off. Dredge the chicken in the flour mixture, ensuring it is evenly coated.
5. Carefully place the coated chicken into the hot oil, frying for approximately 5-6 minutes on each side or until golden brown and cooked through. Remove from the oil and let it drain on a paper towel.
6. Assemble your sandwich by layering the fried chicken on the bun, followed by lettuce, tomato, and pickles. Top it off with the other half of the bun.
7. Serve immediately and enjoy your crispy and flavorful fried chicken sandwich!
1. Can I use pickle juice from a jar of pickles?
Yes, you can use the juice from a jar of pickles for this recipe.
2. Can I use chicken thighs instead of chicken breasts?
Absolutely! Chicken thighs can be used as a substitute for chicken breasts.
3. Can I make this recipe gluten-free?
Yes, you can substitute the all-purpose flour with a gluten-free flour blend for a gluten-free version.
4. Can I air-fry the chicken instead of deep-frying?
Yes, you can air-fry the chicken at 400°F (200°C) for approximately 15-20 minutes, flipping halfway through.
5. What can I serve with this sandwich?
You can serve it with fries, coleslaw, or a side salad.
6. Can I freeze the chicken after frying?
Yes, you can freeze the cooked chicken and reheat it in the oven or air fryer.
7. Can I use the marinade for a longer duration?
It is recommended to marinate the chicken for at least 1 hour, but overnight marination will yield the best results.
8. Can I make the coating spicier?
Absolutely! You can add cayenne pepper or chili powder to the flour mixture for an extra kick.
9. Can I use a different type of oil for frying?
Yes, you can use vegetable, canola, or peanut oil for frying.
10. Can I make this recipe healthier?
To make it healthier, you can opt for baking the chicken instead of frying.
11. What is the purpose of pickle juice in this recipe?
Pickle juice adds tanginess and enhances the flavor of the chicken, making it more delicious and juicy.