Are you looking for a delicious and easy meatless meatloaf recipe? Look no further, as we have the perfect recipe for you! This Gardein meatless meatloaf recipe is not only incredibly tasty but also simple to make. Whether you’re a vegetarian, vegan, or just looking to reduce your meat consumption, this recipe is sure to satisfy your cravings.
– 1 package of Gardein meatless ground
– 1 cup breadcrumbs
– 1 small onion, finely chopped
– 2 cloves of garlic, minced
– 1 carrot, grated
– 1/2 cup ketchup
– 2 tablespoons soy sauce
– 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
– 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
– 1 tablespoon dried oregano
– Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C) and lightly grease a loaf pan.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine the Gardein meatless ground, breadcrumbs, onion, garlic, carrot, ketchup, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, Dijon mustard, dried oregano, salt, and pepper. Mix well until all the ingredients are evenly combined.
3. Transfer the mixture into the greased loaf pan and press it down firmly to ensure it holds its shape.
4. Bake in the preheated oven for 40-45 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and the loaf is firm to the touch.
5. Remove from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes before slicing and serving.
1. Can I use a different brand of meatless ground?
– Yes, you can use any brand of meatless ground that you prefer.
2. Can I substitute breadcrumbs with something else?
– Yes, you can use crushed crackers or oats as a substitute for breadcrumbs.
3. Can I make this recipe gluten-free?
– Yes, simply use gluten-free breadcrumbs or substitute with gluten-free oats.
4. Can I freeze the meatloaf?
– Yes, you can freeze the cooked meatloaf. Just ensure it is tightly wrapped or stored in an airtight container.
5. Can I use fresh herbs instead of dried oregano?
– Yes, you can use fresh herbs. Just double the amount to adjust for the difference in intensity.
6. Can I add vegetables to the meatloaf?
– Absolutely! Feel free to add your favorite vegetables, such as mushrooms, bell peppers, or zucchini.
7. Can I use a different sauce instead of ketchup?
– Yes, you can use barbecue sauce or tomato sauce instead of ketchup.
8. Can I make mini meatloaves instead?
– Yes, you can divide the mixture into individual portions and adjust the cooking time accordingly.
9. Can I use this recipe to make meatballs?
– Yes, you can shape the mixture into meatballs and adjust the cooking time accordingly.
10. Can I make this recipe vegan?
– Yes, this recipe is already vegan as long as you use vegan Worcestershire sauce.
11. Can I add cheese to the meatloaf?
– Yes, you can add shredded vegan cheese to the mixture or on top before baking for a cheesy twist.