Best Easy Garlic Miso Chicken Thigh Recipe
Are you looking for a delicious and simple chicken thigh recipe that is packed with flavor? Look no further than this easy garlic miso chicken thigh recipe. With just a handful of ingredients, you can create a mouthwatering dish that will impress your family and friends.
– 4 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
– 3 tablespoons white miso paste
– 4 cloves of garlic, minced
– 2 tablespoons soy sauce
– 1 tablespoon honey
– 1 tablespoon sesame oil
– 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
– Chopped green onions, for garnish
1. Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C).
2. In a small bowl, mix together the miso paste, minced garlic, soy sauce, honey, sesame oil, and black pepper.
3. Place the chicken thighs in a baking dish and spread the miso mixture evenly over each thigh, making sure to coat them thoroughly.
4. Bake the chicken in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F (74°C).
5. Once cooked, remove the chicken from the oven and let it rest for a few minutes before serving.
6. Garnish with chopped green onions and serve with steamed rice or your favorite side dish.
1. Can I use boneless, skinless chicken thighs instead?
Yes, you can use boneless, skinless chicken thighs for this recipe. Just adjust the cooking time as they may cook faster.
2. Can I substitute the white miso paste with another type of miso?
Yes, you can use other types of miso paste, such as red or yellow miso, but keep in mind that the flavor may vary slightly.
3. Can I marinate the chicken overnight?
Yes, marinating the chicken overnight will enhance the flavors even more.
4. Can I use chicken breasts instead of thighs?
Yes, you can use chicken breasts, but thighs tend to be more flavorful and juicy.
5. Can I grill the chicken instead of baking it?
Yes, you can grill the chicken thighs over medium heat for about 6-8 minutes per side, or until cooked through.
6. Can I freeze the leftovers?
Yes, you can freeze the cooked chicken thighs for up to 3 months. Just make sure to store them in an airtight container.
7. Can I use low-sodium soy sauce?
Yes, you can use low-sodium soy sauce if you prefer a less salty flavor.
8. Can I add vegetables to this dish?
Yes, you can add vegetables such as broccoli, bell peppers, or carrots to the baking dish to make it a complete meal.
9. Can I use this recipe for chicken wings?
Yes, you can use this recipe for chicken wings. Just adjust the cooking time as they may cook faster.
10. Can I make this recipe spicy?
Yes, you can add a pinch of chili flakes or sriracha sauce to the miso mixture for a spicy kick.
11. Can I use this recipe for tofu?
Yes, you can use this recipe for tofu. Just make sure to press the tofu to remove excess moisture before coating it with the miso mixture.
Enjoy this easy garlic miso chicken thigh recipe that is sure to become a family favorite!