Best Easy Gluten Free Popeyes Chicken Recipe
If you’re a fan of Popeyes Chicken but following a gluten-free diet, you’ll be delighted to know that you can recreate the famous Popeyes flavor at home with this easy gluten-free recipe. Get ready to enjoy crispy, flavorful chicken that will satisfy your cravings!
– 4 chicken drumsticks
– 4 chicken thighs
– 1 cup gluten-free flour
– 1 teaspoon paprika
– 1 teaspoon garlic powder
– 1 teaspoon onion powder
– 1 teaspoon dried thyme
– 1 teaspoon dried oregano
– 1 teaspoon salt
– 1 teaspoon black pepper
– 1 cup buttermilk
– Vegetable oil for frying
1. In a bowl, mix together the gluten-free flour, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, thyme, oregano, salt, and black pepper.
2. Dip each piece of chicken into the buttermilk and then coat it in the seasoned flour mixture. Make sure to press the flour onto the chicken to ensure a crispy coating.
3. Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet or deep fryer to 350°F (175°C).
4. Carefully place the chicken in the hot oil, making sure not to overcrowd the skillet. Fry the chicken for about 15 minutes, turning occasionally until golden brown and cooked through.
5. Once cooked, transfer the chicken to a paper towel-lined plate to drain excess oil.
6. Serve hot with your favorite gluten-free dipping sauce or alongside a fresh green salad.
1. Is this recipe really gluten-free?
Yes, this recipe uses gluten-free flour and does not contain any gluten-containing ingredients.
2. Can I use chicken breast instead of drumsticks and thighs?
Yes, you can use chicken breast if you prefer, but keep in mind that the cooking time may vary.
3. Can I bake the chicken instead of frying?
Yes, you can bake the chicken at 425°F (220°C) for approximately 25-30 minutes or until cooked through and crispy.
4. Can I make this recipe dairy-free?
Yes, you can substitute the buttermilk with a dairy-free alternative like almond milk or coconut milk mixed with lemon juice.
5. Is this recipe spicy?
The seasoning in this recipe is not spicy, but you can add cayenne pepper or hot sauce if you prefer a spicier flavor.
6. Can I freeze the leftover chicken?
Yes, you can freeze the cooked chicken for up to 3 months. Just make sure to cool it completely before freezing.
7. Can I use a different gluten-free flour?
Yes, you can use any gluten-free flour blend that is suitable for frying.
8. Can I marinate the chicken before coating it?
Yes, you can marinate the chicken in buttermilk with your choice of spices for up to 24 hours before coating it with the seasoned flour.
9. Can I use boneless chicken for this recipe?
Yes, boneless chicken can be used, but keep in mind that the cooking time will be shorter.
10. Can I make this recipe without any seasoning?
While the seasoning adds flavor to the chicken, you can omit it if you prefer a plain, simple taste.
11. Can I make this recipe in an air fryer?
Yes, you can make this recipe in an air fryer by following the manufacturer’s instructions for cooking chicken.