Best Easy Greek Vinaigrette Cava Recipe
Greek cuisine is known for its vibrant flavors and healthy ingredients, and one of the most popular dressings in Greek cuisine is the Greek vinaigrette. This easy Greek vinaigrette cava recipe combines the classic flavors of Greece in a tangy and refreshing dressing that will elevate any salad or grilled dish.
– ¼ cup red wine vinegar
– ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
– 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
– 2 cloves garlic, minced
– 1 teaspoon dried oregano
– 1 teaspoon dried basil
– ½ teaspoon salt
– ¼ teaspoon black pepper
1. In a small bowl, whisk together the red wine vinegar, Dijon mustard, minced garlic, dried oregano, dried basil, salt, and black pepper until well combined.
2. Slowly drizzle in the extra virgin olive oil while whisking vigorously to emulsify the dressing.
3. Once all the oil is incorporated and the dressing is smooth and creamy, taste and adjust the seasoning if needed.
4. Transfer the dressing to a jar or bottle with a tight-fitting lid and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to allow the flavors to meld together.
5. Shake well before using, and drizzle over your favorite Greek salad, grilled chicken or fish, or use as a marinade for vegetables.
1. Can I use white wine vinegar instead of red wine vinegar?
Yes, you can substitute white wine vinegar for a milder flavor.
2. How long can I store the dressing?
The dressing can be stored in the refrigerator for up to one week.
3. Can I use fresh herbs instead of dried?
Yes, you can use fresh herbs in the same quantities as dried herbs.
4. Can I use another type of mustard?
Dijon mustard provides the best flavor, but you can use whole-grain mustard as a substitute.
5. Can I make the dressing in advance?
Yes, the flavors will continue to develop over time, so making it in advance is recommended.
6. Is the dressing gluten-free?
Yes, this Greek vinaigrette cava recipe is gluten-free.
7. Can I use a blender to make the dressing?
Yes, you can use a blender or food processor for a smoother consistency.
8. Can I add honey for a touch of sweetness?
Yes, you can add a tablespoon of honey if desired.
9. Can I use this dressing as a dip?
Yes, you can use it as a dip for vegetables or bread.
10. Can I use this dressing on pasta salad?
Absolutely! This dressing pairs well with pasta salads.
11. Can I add feta cheese to the dressing?
Yes, crumbled feta cheese can be added for an extra burst of flavor.
Enjoy this easy Greek vinaigrette cava recipe and take your salads and grilled dishes to the next level with the flavors of Greece!