Best Easy Green Thai Chili Hot Sauce Recipe
If you’re a fan of spicy food and Thai cuisine, then you must try making your own Green Thai Chili Hot Sauce. This vibrant and flavorful sauce is the perfect condiment to add a kick to your favorite dishes. The best part? It’s incredibly easy to make at home! Here’s a simple recipe that will make your taste buds tingle with delight.
– 10-12 fresh green Thai chili peppers
– 4 cloves of garlic
– 1 tablespoon of sugar
– 1 tablespoon of fish sauce
– 1 tablespoon of lime juice
– 1 tablespoon of rice vinegar
– 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
1. Start by removing the stems from the chili peppers and roughly chop them.
2. Peel the garlic cloves and add them to a blender or food processor along with the chopped chili peppers.
3. Blend until you achieve a smooth and thick paste-like consistency.
4. In a small saucepan, heat the vegetable oil over medium heat.
5. Add the chili paste to the saucepan and cook for about 2-3 minutes, stirring continuously.
6. Reduce the heat to low and add the sugar, fish sauce, lime juice, and rice vinegar.
7. Stir well to combine all the ingredients.
8. Let the sauce simmer on low heat for about 5 minutes, allowing the flavors to meld together.
9. Remove from heat and let it cool down completely.
10. Once cooled, transfer the sauce to a clean glass jar and store it in the refrigerator.
1. How long does the Green Thai Chili Hot Sauce last?
The sauce can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 2-3 weeks.
2. Can I adjust the spiciness of the sauce?
Yes, you can adjust the spiciness by adding more or fewer chili peppers according to your preference.
3. Can I use a different type of chili pepper?
While green Thai chili peppers are traditional, you can experiment with other varieties if you prefer.
4. Is fish sauce necessary?
Fish sauce adds a unique umami flavor, but you can substitute it with soy sauce if needed.
5. Can I freeze the sauce?
Yes, you can freeze the sauce in an airtight container for up to 3 months.
6. What dishes can I use this sauce with?
It pairs well with stir-fries, noodles, grilled meats, and even as a dipping sauce for spring rolls.
7. Can I make this sauce less oily?
You can reduce the amount of vegetable oil used if you prefer a less oily sauce.
8. Is there a substitute for sugar?
You can use honey or maple syrup instead of sugar for a natural sweetener.
9. Can I add other ingredients to customize the flavor?
Absolutely! Feel free to experiment with ingredients like ginger, lemongrass, or cilantro to enhance the flavor.
10. Is this sauce vegan-friendly?
Yes, if you substitute fish sauce with a vegan alternative like soy sauce, this sauce can be made vegan-friendly.
11. How spicy is this sauce?
It has a medium level of spiciness, but you can adjust it based on your personal preference by adding more or fewer chili peppers.
So, why not give this Best Easy Green Thai Chili Hot Sauce recipe a try? It’s a versatile and delicious condiment that will add a burst of flavor to any dish.